Archived on 6/5/2022

Report of knife incident - Dulwich Park (27 Apr 2017)

AndyS
27 Apr '17

An email from my child’s school 10 minutes ago says police have informed them of a knife incident this afternoon in Dulwich Park. The police are advising all people to stay away from Dulwich Park.

AndyS
27 Apr '17

I can’t see anything in Twitter about this (apart from SE23’s tweet) but will continue to watch and advise of anything else I hear.

Foresthillnick
27 Apr '17

We had this email too as we are very close to the Park. However there is no news source that I can find that is reporting it so it may be a case of better safe than sorry. I am just about to go cycle round DP as I usually do on my way home so if there is any action going down I’ll report back.

Michael
27 Apr '17

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?5,1814138,1814165

Foresthillnick
27 Apr '17

Not a lot of action in the park - a couple of policemen and a fair bit of tape in the middle but people walking around as usual, kids in the play area and a game of footy going on. All in all a typical London reaction! Not to downplay the serious nature of the incident but it is pretty much back to normal in the park.

AndyS
27 Apr '17

How awful. Hope they find the b*****d - and the dog. And that the victim recovers quickly.

silversioux3
27 Apr '17

Just wanted to report that today a man was stabbed in Dulwich Park trying to prevent a man stealing a handbag. The air ambulance came and the victim was being treated in the park. The other man escaped on his bike through Court Lane Gates. Be careful.

AndyS
28 Apr '17

The latest on the East Dulwich Forum is that the dog has been found but the victim is said to be in a life-threatening condition. That report was at 9pm so hopefully there’s been an improvement in his condition overnight.

Foresthillnick
28 Apr '17

Still a police presence in the park this morning and an incident tent marking the spot where it happened.
I see there was apparently a police presence at the Co-Op in FH yesterday as the stolen cards were used in there.

Michael
28 Apr '17

The reports are regarding the Coop in Forest Hill Road (SE22), rather than the one in the centre of Forest Hill (Waldram Park).
Let’s hope the police catch this person soon.

Foresthillnick
28 Apr '17

Ah thanks - he didn’t go far to start using the cards then?

AndyS
28 Apr '17

I’m astonished that there is absolutely nothing in the local news about this. Surely this type of thing isn’t regarded as non-newsworthy!

Foresthillnick
28 Apr '17

Just thinking the same thing @AndyS - Newshopper is quite happy to slate the Perry Vale and that is still on the front page on the site but nothing about this incident - maybe it is out of their area being in Southwark? Then again there is nothing on the Southward News front page either…

AndyS
28 Apr '17

There is now a news report. Very distressing.

anon64893700
28 Apr '17

http://news.met.police.uk/news/stabbing-in-dulwich-238676

Foresthillnick
28 Apr '17

The Standard has now picked it up as well - the guy was stabbed in the head with what was probably a screwdriver and is in intensive care…

GillB
30 Apr '17

How awful poor man. Has there been any further updates on his condition? Haven’t seen anything on the local news.

anon64893700
30 Apr '17

Man arrested

http://news.met.police.uk/news/man-arrested-in-connection-with-dulwich-stabbing-238750

Foresthillnick
1 May '17

Good news - although no updates on the victim. Glad to see he is charged with attempted murder…

AndyS
1 May '17

Not there yet. He’s been arrested, not charged.

clausy
1 May '17

Yeah, didn’t enjoy reading about that I have to admit. Glad the guy’s been caught.

anon64893700
1 May '17

Interesting change in the story, or should l say clarification. It was he who was being robbed, for his phone. And his friends handbag which was stolen after she offered it to the thief to prevent any escalation. The phone initially sought was not taken.

Hope the guy makes a good recovery, and the attacker is punished properly.

anon30031319
9 May '18

One year later… Another knife point robbery in Dulwich Park, thankfully this time not used.

Check out @MPSSouthwark’s Tweet:

AndyS
9 May '18

Holy crap! That’s a big f-----g knife! I’ve just gone to the kitchen to compare my biro and my knives with that biro and that knife. It’s a big knife!