Archived on 6/5/2022

Restaurant deliveries in Forest Hill

starman
11 Jul '16

Quite fancied a takeaway tonight with someone who delivers. Was keen to try Bona Pizza but sad to see they are not open on Monday’s.

Any suggestions? I’d rather have something other than run of the mill chicken or pizza… unless it is exceptional chicken or pizza. Same for Indian or Chinese. What really great local restaurants also deliver?

Signed lazy in FH.

anon5422159
11 Jul '16

I’d highly recommend Babur for gourmet Indian. There are two options for takeaway - food from their restaurant, or food from their dedicated takeaway place, which I think is down the road.

Definitely go for the restaurant:

https://order.babur.info

Try the 100-hour marinaded lamb. It’s incredible.

starman
11 Jul '16

Oh… that looks amazing. Though I’m not sure @Bolgerp will go for Indian tonight. Any other thoughts?

fran
11 Jul '16

Does deliveroo deliver to your street? Burgers from the flying pig are tasty. But you need to be the se22 side of se23 I think.

starman
11 Jul '16

Sadly no. Enjoyed Deliveroo at my last home but sadly not in this part of SE23.

fran
12 Jul '16

What did you get? In laws here tonight and need to get takeaway. Curry is out for them. And I don’t want pizza.

Pauline
12 Jul '16

What about Tse just past Sainsburys, I can recommend the crispy noodles with beef & black bean sauce (not on the menu but will do if you ask) & the dim sum.

Also if you can pick up I know The Signal do delivery via deliveroo, so would probably let you have take away :slight_smile:

starman
12 Jul '16

Juicis. Favourite fom just eat. Geat burgers but slow delivery

divya_m
9 May '17

Recently tried delivery from Saka Maka http://www.sakamaka.co.uk/ after someone on the SE23 Mums facebook group recommended it. It was fantastic – not your standard curry house, more Bombay style street food (think Dishoom!).

Foresthillnick
9 May '17

Thanks - I was wondering what they were like.

anon5422159
31 Jul '17

Ate there on a whim these evening. What a brilliant find - reasonably priced; super fresh and tasty street-food style dishes; friendly staff. Place was absolutely buzzing, especially as nearby Masala Wala and Bite Mi are closed on Mondays.

Saka Maka is a wholly different experience to Babur, much more casual, but I enjoyed it just as much.

Beige
4 Aug '17

I ordered Sakamaka a couple of weeks ago, it was good. Unfortunately it seems that they have limited their delivery area to SE23 1, SE23 2, SE23 3 and SE23 9, which counts me out now.

fran
4 Aug '17

if I were getting a takeaway from there tonight, what should i order?

Beige
5 Aug '17

We enjoyed the chicken and lamb currys. Decent kick and flavours. Seekh kebab was nothing to write home about

InTheNightGarden
9 Aug '17

Two brothers fish and kebab bar in Lordship lane deliver the best fish and chips around to SE23. And the chicken shish kebabs are beautiful.

starman
9 Aug '17

One of the truly tough deliveries. I gather batter and chips are still hot and crisp? Who delivers them?

InTheNightGarden
9 Aug '17

One of the shop workers delivers if you phone them direct on 02082995863. Never had a bad meal from there. Fish and chips is delivered in cardboard boxes so the batter stays crisp, and the ‘real’ chip shop chips are lovely. Sometimes there is 30-45 minutes for a delivery, but well worth it. Menu here: https://twobrothersfishbarandkebab.co.uk/menu

RachaelDunlop
9 Aug '17

Interesting. They have very mixed reviews for deliveries via Just Eats. I wonder if they prioritise deliveries placed directly with them.

Does the batter fish have skin on it? I don’t mind but it’s a big no-no for my OH.

bigmacca1
9 Aug '17

A good fish and chip shop with delivery would be great, Reading some of the reviews for this place does’nt sound great. Waiting 2hrs for a takeaway isnt on/ even in a busy period.

InTheNightGarden
9 Aug '17

Remember, majority of reviewers only write if they have a beef about a business. We have been using them for 4-5 years and not had a complaint. I always ask delivery times, and sometimes they say it will be up to an hour. Worth a try.

Pauline
9 Aug '17

I never have a fish & chip delivery- maybe I should give it a go :heart_eyes:

Got lots going on so this could be good :+1:

FaeryCatmother
9 Aug '17

Oh My Cod in Catford delivers and it’s usually very good.

InTheNightGarden
10 Aug '17

Oh my cod menu looks good. May try them one day!

hojo
4 Oct '17

I am new and this is my first post! While I was working out how to use my oven I tried a couple via JustEat and HungryHouse. Thai Orchid – really recommend, delicious duck curry! And Hing Dragon, which I think is actually in Lewisham and was also great :slight_smile:

Londondrz
4 Oct '17

Hi Hojo and welcome.

Freddyj
4 Oct '17

Only just started posting and it seems 90% of what I talk about is food… anyway… favourite local restaurants for delivery are Thai Orchard and the India Gate (the Dhansak and veg Korma at the latter are so so good!).

Will also jump on the Saka Maka bandwagon. Not had takeaway from there, but it’s an excellent restaurant. Reasonably-priced, interesting and tasty dishes. Couldn’t recommend it more.

hojo
4 Oct '17

Thank you :slight_smile:

Gill
7 Oct '17

are you chips thin or fat?

InTheNightGarden
7 Oct '17

Big fat chip shop chips, served in a cardboard box, so they don’t go soggy! Oh dear, I could eat some right now :joy: lol

anon86223367
8 Oct '17

Brothers on Dartmouth Road deliver and they do some decent kebabs.

On a side note, I’ve heard from a few different take away owners now that they get absolutely rinsed when taking orders through JustEat, deliveroo and those other app firms. If they have a phone number and you got some minutes then give them a buzz instead.

Pauline
8 Oct '17

Maybe slightly off topic, but I’ve heard that the owners of brothers kebab shop are taking on Aroma Cafe at FH Station, apparently it will become a Bistro though that’s all I’ve heard.

wineisallforme
8 Oct '17

WHAT

I love that place. It better not change its breakfasts in any way. Suppliers of all products must remain the same.

RachaelDunlop
13 Oct '17

Had a delivery from Oh My Cod tonight and it was fine, but nothing special. The chips were under done, which is one-strike-and-you’re-out offence as far as I’m concerned. Fish was good.

I haven’t had decent chips from a chippy in London all the (many) years I’ve lived here. Every time I go up North or back to Belfast, the first thing I do is get fish and chips because they are just SO much better than here.

anon64893700
13 Oct '17

Don’t rate Brockleys Rock chips? Or not tried them?

RachaelDunlop
13 Oct '17

Not tried them, or indeed heard of them.

anon5422159
13 Oct '17

http://www.brockleysrock.co.uk/home.aspx

I got take-away from there this evening. Absolute gem of a place. Gets very busy though. Was told the wait was 15 mins but turned into 30.

RachaelDunlop
13 Oct '17

Looks fab, but a bit of a schlep for me, being at the other extreme end of SE23.

anon64893700
14 Oct '17

Worth every inch of the journey , and mine always gets home hot and crispy.

Indeed it does get busy Chris, once you are aware of it, you just accept it lol. The quality speaks for itself.

Brett
14 Oct '17

Agreed. Makes sense to phone in order if you can, though getting through to that can be tricky too sometimes.

Re chips, we ask for them to be well done. It is an instruction that works wonders!

Timmo44
25 Oct '17

Oh My Cod every time. The onion rings are fabulous and the chip portions are enormous.

GillB
26 Oct '17

Brockley rock is supposed to be the business. I’m possibly going to try them next Monday, so I’ll let you know :blush:

FaeryCatmother
26 Oct '17

Brockley’s Rock is definitely the best around. A schlep for me too given I don’t have a car, but definitely worth it. Although chips are still not as good as you get in the Scottish Islands.

RachaelDunlop
26 Oct '17

A reminder: we have a separate thread for fish and chips, started in response to some of the replies here, but including ones that don’t deliver. This thread is for restaurants that deliver. How I wish Brockley Rock delivered!

GillB
27 Oct '17

Oh sorry about that, got carried away thinking about it!:blush: