Archived on 6/5/2022

Rubbish collection service to get rid of fitted kitchen?

NigelA
14 Mar '19

Can anyone recommend a rubbish collection service - I see there is a company called RubbishMan in good and services but would be grateful for any recommendations. Looking to get rid a medium size fitted kitchen i.e. wall and base units . Some of it in good useful order (please PM me if you want any of it !) but suspect I will need to dump it quite quickly before new one arrives .

anon5422159
14 Mar '19

Hi @NigelA. We have a couple of topics that may be useful:

Anotherjohn
14 Mar '19

Konrad, who used to run The Gym cafe opposite Forest Hill swimming pools, has a new business - Alexander Waste Removal 07551 760237

NigelA
14 Mar '19

Chris
thanks very much -I’ll follow those up - looking at the different search terms makes you relaise the horror of a world without data validation ! Rubbish/Sofa/Rubble etc .

All the best

Nigel

applespider
14 Mar '19

I’m Southwark rather than Lewisham, admittedly but would bulk uplift be an option?

Southwark’s bulk waste collection will take 10 items for £16 - which could be bundles of kitchen units - I cleared two integrated kitchen doors and a flat pack desk as 2 items when taped up. Do Lewisham offer a similar service?

NigelA
14 Mar '19

Applespider - interesting thought - we disposed of a lot of stuff for a relative in Bexley borough and it was very reasonable - I’ll look into that . Thanks very much.

starman
15 Mar '19

Lewisham isn’t quite so generous. This is, I think, classified as DIY waste.

applespider
15 Mar '19

Yikes - that’s a lot stricter. I can’t put out rubble or paint but anything else seems to be fair game without rules about a double wardrobe counting as two. :flushed:

starman
15 Mar '19

I moved to SE23 from Southwark. A big step down in environmental services.