Archived on 6/5/2022

Sainsbury Honor Oak complaint - Sainsbury responds

anon5422159
16 Jun '16

Noticed this complaint on Twitter yesterday:

Handled quickly and professional by Sainsbury today, in my opinion. There’s a lot of power in Twitter as a means of reaching back to customers and protecting the reputation of a brand:

The same strategy should also work well for businesses responding to complaints in a local forum like this. A good response turns a negative situation into positive PR.

anon64893700
16 Jun '16

It’s nice when you get a quick response, but even nicer when you know it has been dealt with.
These huge companies have large social media divisions, and are quick to respond usually. I like their to see their reaction speed more personally.

fran
19 Jun '16

Agree, they seem to have so many staff stocking shelves all at the same time, all the time! Getting round with a buggy is a nightmare.

Gillipops
15 Feb '17

At least they have staff to ask questions to - so many places have virtually removed ‘humans’ to save money and you’re hard pressed to find anyone on a shop floor in some places. Also, bless their hearts - most of this Sainsbury’s staff are paid less than a private household cleaning person and yet they have always been so friendly, keen and helpful to me.

James1P
15 Feb '17

Agree with point around having more staff serving at checkouts however local delivery restrictions mean that fresh deliveries cannot be made late in the evening or overnight. Guess they are just doing their best to serve customers - probably why the odd mistake happens like blocking a fire exit.