Sans Store: New grocer on Brockley Rise

anon5422159
23 Jul '20

Abbie_Curtis
24 Jul '20

Very excited to read this! Much needed in this area

Pea
24 Jul '20

Agree. Wonder which number/ where exactly.

SWA
24 Jul '20

Looks like it’s 5-7 Brockley Rise from their Twitter profile.

Pea
24 Jul '20

This is VERY exciting. Just what we need.

Cloe_Duchalet
24 Jul '20

Hello, yes that’s correct, we are just opposite the pharmacy, on number 5-7 where the previous “Brockley Newsagent” was. Thanks for the support on this forum :slight_smile:

Foresthillnick
24 Jul '20

I think I saw you working hard on your hands and knees this morning as I cycled past!
Good luck!

Lesley_Wilkins
24 Jul '20

Fabulous - welcome to the neighbourhood. Look forward to your opening

Pea
24 Jul '20

What sort of things will you be selling? So exciting.

Bella_Waugh
24 Jul '20

Congratulations! I also saw you doing some work on the place as we went past today. Very exciting; we would love to support you once you’re open.

CHfigaro
25 Jul '20

Best of luck guys!

Cloe_Duchalet
25 Jul '20

Hey there! Thanks for the interest, we’re so excited to be part of this forum! We’ve been living down the road towards Catford for years and never knew this forum existed! So we will be selling lots of lovely produce mainly from London and the UK.

We’re trying to keep it as local as possible but there will be some things coming from outside the UK (delicious cheese from France for example).

There will be a wide range of dry-store and refrigerated goods, bread and pastries, fruit and veg, lots of veggie/vegan/organic goodies. You should be able to find what you need :slight_smile: and we really want to make our local residents happy by stocking their favourite things, so don’t hesitate to pop in and let us know what you’d like to see on the shelves.

We look forward to seeing you !

Cloe_Duchalet
25 Jul '20

Hi Bella, thank you! We started off with the fun stuff :smile: but we got there in the end and our shutters are ready for painting now (shame it’s raining today!). Don’t hesitate to pop in and say hello over the next few weeks before we open, if there’s anything you’d like to know/request regarding our product range. :slight_smile:

Pea
25 Jul '20

This sounds like just the sort of shop we need. What sort of opening hours do you plan to have? Eagerly awaiting your opening now :blush:

oakr
7 Aug '20

Starting to take shape

highjinx
10 Aug '20

Just seen lots of lovely fresh herbs put in the shop window. We are so lucky to live pretty much opposite - will be spending lots of time here for sure!

Billie
12 Aug '20

Looked like they were taking in a delivery early this afternoon.

Estelle_Lauren
13 Aug '20

I’m so excited about this! It’ll be great to get some veggie / vegan bits closer to home. Darling husband wondered whether they’d be selling ‘fancy’ beers. I wasn’t sure?

Twitter
16 Aug '20

Opening tomorrow!

Estelle_Lauren
17 Aug '20

We popped in this morning and got some bits. Really lovely! Great range of veggie/ vegan / gluten free products but also lots of high quality products with dairy / eggs / fresh products.

Also, wanted to add, the owners are great, super helpful and friendly.

Lesley_Wilkins
17 Aug '20

We went in at lunchtime and great selection of fresh fruit / veg, chiller section and tinned / jars of pulses etc. Just what is needed :+1:

clausy
17 Aug '20

…asking the important questions!

Billie
21 Aug '20

Called in this morning. Quite spacious and a wide variety of interesting foods. I was told their vegan cheese is amazing but it had sold out. Will be back for pastries and honey in the comb when I’ve shifted the corona pounds.

Pea
6 Oct '20

Went in for my third/ fourth visit today. I dropped off some items for the food-bank.

It’s nice because their stock changes quickly so the items I bought on the weekend had gone and been replaced by something else. Today’s treat was some Almond Biscotti, in compostable packaging! So great to see innovations like this finally trickling into shops.

Rosered
2 Nov '20

Only discovered this on Friday - i thought it was much further up the road towards honor oak and Crofton Park but amazingly it’s at ‘my’ end! Have already been back. Love it.

ForestHull
19 Nov '20

From a few days ago, Sans Store gets some coverage courtesy of Southwark News about the difficulties of launching a business during a pandemic:

There’s a bit more in the full article, as well as profiles from two other businesses, one in SW9 and Peachy Goat in SE24.