Schizophrenic man pleads not guilty for Forest Hill train stabbing (on 12th Dec 2016)

Continuing the discussion from Stabbing - 12th Dec 2016:

The verdict will be declared today:

_97476765_hi036863373

Also reported in the Standard:

… which suggests that Adrian Brown was (and may still be?) a resident at the Honor Lea Hostel, which I’d never heard of, but is just round the corner from where I live.

He may still officially have an address in Brockely Rise, but he is currently residing at Broadmoor hospital.

Brown, of Brockley Rise in south-east London, appeared via video link from Broadmoor hospital during the hearing, wearing a brown tracksuit. It was heard two psychiatrists had determined he was insane at the time of the attack.
Kent said: “He is at Broadmoor hospital where he is being treated.

All very sad all round whatever the verdict.

5 Likes

Ah yes - don’t know what happened with my google maps before. I have updated the original post with the correct location.

The judge has decided:

2 Likes

But at least the care in the community programme worked for him until he stabbed someone in the head. Hopefully he can now get the care he needs.

2 Likes

Any details on the hostel? I’d be keen to support its work if possible.

2 Likes

Only info quick to find.
103-117 Brockley Rise, Forest Hill, London SE23 1JW
020 8821 5123

Seems the right decision has been made on this. Tragic way to get someone a placement they so desperately need. Feel deeply for the victim of this also.

Good to see that sometimes the system can work. just a shame it took this.

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like