Archived on 6/5/2022

Screaming and shouting match on Dartmouth Road

Pauline
7 Sep '16

Massive screaming match going on right now on D Rd!

Who I’m gonna call Pauline busters!

Might have to put my slippers on and investigate cause it’s keeping me awake.

Maybe “Miriam Lodge” :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Pauline
7 Sep '16

Here’s a pic of the main culprit

Pauline
8 Sep '16

This is still going on but sounds a bit more reserved now!,

Pauline
8 Sep '16

Think it’s a function at a local pub , not their fault but it’s bloody noisy & anti social with peeps running around the Road and Street. They are screaming again!

Pauline
8 Sep '16

Have called 101 & they are coming to deal with this the noise is appalling & they have had another complaint!

Sounds like it’s on a roof terrace now, so nothing to do with the local pub, but a selfish resident.

Hope my son gets enough sleep for his first day back at School tomorrow & me too!

Pauline
8 Sep '16

enough is enough, it’s getting so loud now. Going to find out where they are!

Pauline
8 Sep '16

Done!

It was the flat above a local restaurant & I told them I called the police.

One was not very friendly when I had a go to say they were keeping my son awake, but the others said they would keep the noise down.

They did at first but haven’t now, I’m pissed off & that’s not me normally!

The smell of weed was powerful too @SNTForestHill

Pauline
8 Sep '16

Sorry to rant after yesterday’s posts but I am fuming!

Managed to get my son to sleep eventually after 1am for his first day back at School tomorrow which I’m so pissed off about and they are still making lots of noise!

Very tempted to go back again and really have it out with them - if my son wakes up again because of them I will do when I get him back to sleep - Bloody fuming!

And very tempted to have a right go and not be polite at all @ForestHillSNT FYI

If I do anything I shouldn’t I’m owning up now.

These peeps are making so much noise, I’ve told them & rang 101.

They are not stopping & I’m tempted to go have another go myself especially if they wake Charlie up again.

Sorry Amie, I might have to take this into my own hands, I know you will tell me I can’t & shouldn’t but I need too it’s keeping C up & I can’t have that.

Sorry, it’s so bad I need to go around there again before they wake him up again. Then I need to get some sleep when they stop making noise :slight_smile:

Pauline
8 Sep '16

I’m trying to calm down but finding it very difficult.

I’ve got C asleep but the noise is appalling.

I won’t be able to sleep, but if C can I can deal. with it instead of getting myself in trouble.

Though I can’t say I won’t as they are taking the complete and utter piss with the screening and shouting.

I don’t think I’ll be able to stop myself if it goes on much longer :frowning:

And I think I will go crazy when I approach them again, but don’t want too :frowning:

anon64893700
8 Sep '16

Sounds like a tough night. Hope you get a satisfactory resolution once you cool off a bit.

Fingers crossed C’s sleep was not too badly affected.

appletree
8 Sep '16

Hope you are ok, Pauline. I know just how frustrating this can be.

Londondrz
8 Sep '16

I feel for you Pauline, we had the same a few months ago. This is when I found Lewisham’s noise team work 9-5 Monday to Friday. Because a lot of people have loud parties at 10:30 on a Tuesday morning.

anon64893700
8 Sep '16

They did have an out of hours team until recently at least, not sure if that changed.
It’s very intrusive process though, and having worked on Westminsters one, not always helpful

Londondrz
8 Sep '16

Hi anon64893700, yes they do have one but it works Mon-Fri 9-5. I know as we tried to get hold of them a few months ago when our neighbour continually played loud music, screamed in the garden and generally went off their nut at all hours. Still, the local SNT team was on the case and they are in court very soon. Happy Days!

Another neighbour also had a party about a month ago, we were away thank goodness but apparently the sound was that the windows were vibrating. Our upstairs neighbour went to ask them to turn it down at 3am and was met with abuse. So he went back at 8am and met some very hung over and sheepish owners. Drink does stupid things to stupid people.

Pauline
8 Sep '16

Thanks guys, Charlie didn’t wake up again & got to School bright and breezy this morning :slight_smile:

I didn’t get to sleep for a while longer as it was just so noisy!

I wouldn’t have minded so much if it was the weekend, I was just so annoyed that C had to get up for School this morning & was worried he wouldn’t get enough sleep.

Ah well it’s done now, and I didn’t go back again as I thought it would cause trouble. I’m just a bit tiard today.

I will speak to the people that live in the flat when I see them & I will tell them it was a complete piss take, let’s hope it doesn’t happen again!

anon64893700
8 Sep '16

Just looked, and yup it had all changed. I had them out a few years back at night. Guess that was the end of that.

Londondrz
8 Sep '16

I hope you do have a “polite” word Pauline. In the clear light of day people do act differently. If they are still rude shoot them with your Nerf gun!

Pauline
8 Sep '16

I certainly will have a polite word!

But I’ll take my Nerf gun as back up :joy::joy:

Thewrongtrousers
8 Sep '16

I am in Dalrymple Road Crofton Park. It happens a lot. i think it happens a lot round these parts full stop. :frowning:

Thewrongtrousers
8 Sep '16

In fact I have been musing on this for a while. I moved here from Ealing a year ago and I am quite sure that I have never even seen a police officer ( either a ‘proper’ one or a community support sub species) walking down the road in Crofton park or Brockley. It was quite different in Ealing. There are lots of good things about this part of the world but it certainly feels more lawless here what with the ‘interesting’ the way some of the locals drive and all sorts of other things that seem to be regular discussion points on this forum and others.

These are my first two posts. This seems like a nice blog/forum. It would be good to meet some of you in the pub sometime. I gather you have occasional get togethers.

oakr
8 Sep '16

I use to live in Shephers Bush and now in HOP, I find the opposite though I agree it’s rare to seat a policeman \ woman on patrol, only really see them when responding to something.

anon64893700
8 Sep '16

We do indeed have get togethers each month at different locations. This month is at The Chandos. Would be great to see new faces there.

I think it is more the time of day which decides who or what you see about. Remembering there are different categories of PCSO, but all wards have them. Some are more committed to SNT roles, so appear (or not) less visible.

Foot patrols as a whole are pretty uncommon these days unless public reassurance measures are in place. Cops in cars get around a lot quicker, but I agree it’s nice to see them out and about. Policing has changed forever and a cop in every corner is pretty much a thing of the past.

PS, welcome to the forum.

Thewrongtrousers
8 Sep '16

Thanks, anon64893700. It’s a pleasure to be here.

starman
8 Sep '16

There are elements of what @Thewrongtrousers says that ring true to me. I moved here from Southwark in March. Relevant to this thread, Southwark has a noise and nuisance office which operates 24 hours from Friday AM to Tuesday AM. I’ve used them before and found them helpful. Lewisham’s guidance on this matter suggests talking to the neighbour. But my experience suggests that type of neighbour making that much noise in the wee hours of a weekday night aren’t that open to talking.

I was also shocked to find that Lewisham didn’t have a garden or kitchen waste collection service. They now have the former, at an additional cost to council tax and not the latter.

Why is it the Southwark and maintain can have these services when Lewisham can’t?

anon5422159
8 Sep '16

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

As @anon64893700 mentioned, our next meetup is in the newly revamped Chandos (possibly one of the closest SE23 venues to your neck of the woods). Would be pleased to meet you and other recent sign ups for the first time.

We’re choosing the date for this now so (everyone), please use this topic to let us know which of the three proposed dates you can make. Cheers!

Pauline
8 Sep '16

Have to say I popped round this evening to have a chat with the 6 doors down neighbours when I shut up shop tonight.

They were very apologetic & said they had probably gone sleep by then (they are young so I understand and except that) & promised me it won’t happen again.

I did stress it woke up my son on a School day & they were very apologetic, I also said I would not have been as mad had it been the weekend…

Think they got the message and know It doesn’t sit with me, but also think they genuinely won’t do it again :slight_smile:

Londondrz
9 Sep '16

So they managed to go to sleep but let the party carry on. Of course they did :confounded:

anon64893700
9 Sep '16

Wow, great people

Pauline
9 Sep '16

At least someone got some sleep, but it sure wasn’t me :joy::joy: