Archived on 6/5/2022

SE23.Life business cards

Londondrz
22 Jun '16

Some of us old giffers meet people face to face (I know, weirdos) and like to spread the word about SE23.Life without using tech.

I would like to suggest we have an SE23.Life business card to hand out to people we meet in the street. I penned Chris a missive as a laugh and he suggested I put it here to reinforce my point :grinning:

I dont blog
I dont vlog
I cant even do the Downward Dog
I meet in the street
I meet in the pub
Sometimes I meet whilst eating my grub
I meet face to face
In that there is no disgrace
A measure of your scowl, your laugh your smile
Without even a hint of a jpeg file
Give us some cards with details aplenty
So that the other place we can quickly empty
Lets have some old school
For the old fool.

anon5422159
22 Jun '16

From now on, if anyone has a suggestion for SE23.life it must have an accompanying poem*

I will speak to my buddies at moo.com and get a few hundred mini cards printed, as well as a couple of hundred postcards if any shops would like a little stack of them? Unsure if this will all get done before the meetup but I’ll try for this.

Great suggestion @Londondrz

*only kidding about the poem requirement of course, although hat tip to our resident poet and brilliant effort! :slight_smile:

Londondrz
22 Jun '16

Aw shucks :blush:

anon5422159
22 Jun '16

1200 mini cards on order, and I’ll have them in time for the meetup :grinning:

Here’s a referral link if anyone wants 10% off at moo.com: https://www.moo.com/share/ddtg98

Londondrz
22 Jun '16

Wonderful, I will take a good wedge off your hands.

Maybe add a space on the back where we can put our names for referrals. Most people know me as John and not Londondrz, that would confuse the heck out of them.

anon5422159
22 Jun '16

too late for design changes, soz! But there’s a bit of space on the front for you to write your username.

anon5422159
22 Jun '16

By the way, if you’d like to invite a friend, you can go to your user page, then click the following button, then enter their email address:

The benefit to them is that they join the forum on trust-level-1 (rather than trust-level-0 that unknown new joiners get).

Everyone who invites a member in gets the Promoter badge :tada:

Londondrz
22 Jun '16

Only issue is most are mums from my girls school and asking them for their email addresses could get me into all sorts of bother! :confounded:

Pauline
22 Jun '16

Nice one Chris, I’ll have some for the shop please :+1:

anon64893700
22 Jun '16

Me on the other hand… Helloooooooooooo!

Londondrz
22 Jun '16

Tart :joy:

anon5422159
24 Jun '16

Come get some :tada:

Londondrz
24 Jun '16

Yes please Chris. Where and when?

anon5422159
24 Jun '16

I’m out tonight with @anon64893700 on a group cycle ride. Perhaps we can pop past you and drop some off?

Pauline
24 Jun '16

Save me some please :slight_smile:

Have fun at the group cycle tonight guys :biking_man: