A real-life meetup around a three-day-old website, with just a couple of days’ notice, on a rainy evening… which was a genuinely excellent night out, with a good turnout. Forest Hill is full of community spirit, and it seems early adopters are always interesting people with good stories to tell.
@Pauline’s energy and connections have built a trusted community for this website in a matter of days.
@thirstforwine has generously offered to become a co-admin of the site given his technical background and interest in the open-source platform that powers this forum.
I think @Snazy may be willing to become the second moderator (with more to be elected in the future).
@Anotherjohn, @emmad and @Zoleipar - I have verified your profiles, and I will verify Maggie when she signs up.
Thanks for a great evening!
All those I have met will be made “trust level 3”, which means they can:
- recategorise and rename topics
- access a private “lounge” category only visible to users at trust level 3 and higher
- use a single spam flag to immediately get rid of any dodgy posts by trust-level-0 users
- make their own posts wiki (that is, editable by any “trust-level-1”+ users)
- have their daily like limit increased by 2 ×
For more information on the trust system, see here: https://meta.discourse.org/t/what-do-user-trust-levels-do/4924/7