Archived on 6/5/2022

SE23.life Meetup: May 2016, The Hill

anon5422159
16 May '16

Continuing the discussion from The new forum for Forest Hill and Honor Oak Park:

@anon64893700 It would be great to meet, say at The Signal, one night for a quick drink so I can introduce myself. I can do Weds or Thurs evening if either of those are good? Also Pauline and Londondrz if you can make it?

anon64893700
16 May '16

Sounds good to me. Let me know the decided day and I will plan my evening around it. Usually home from work around 6.30 - 7

Pauline
17 May '16

I can’t do Wednesday. I’ve got a Forest Hill Fashion Week meeting at The Hill 6.30 on Thursday, so if you fancy changing venue to there my meeting should be finished around 7.30ish

anon5422159
17 May '16

7:30 at The Hill sounds good to me!

Pauline
17 May '16

Great, see you Thursday!

anon64893700
17 May '16

I am working in Marston Gate up the M1 on Thursday, so can’t promise I will be back in time, but will try for sure. Will send a DM on Twitter, or reply here on the day to let you know.

Pauline
18 May '16

John (my shop landlord & Anotherjohn elsewhere) will try and make it tomorrow. Would be good if you could make it @Michael @thirstforwine @anon64893700 & all posting on here so far :smile:

thirstforwine
18 May '16

I will try to be there - tomorrow isn’t brilliant timing for me but it would be good to say hello (and earn that tick properly!)

Pauline
19 May '16

I’ve reserved the captains table at The Hill for my FHFW meeting at 6.30 & from 7.30 for SE23.life Meet Up :relaxed:

anon5422159
19 May '16

Aye aye, cap’n! Cheers Pauline.

I won’t be hard to spot, for those who haven’t met me yet, just look out for this: :nerd:

Brett
19 May '16

I like the idea. Sadly I cannot make this meet.

Pauline
19 May '16

Hahaha @anon5422159 :joy: it’s the big table at the back :+1:

anon64893700
19 May '16

Right I’m home in time but a but knackered so won’t be able to stay too long.
One question…
Where The Hill? I don’t do pubs

thirstforwine
19 May '16

I believe it is what used to be called Question Time - and it isn’t a pub, so you are safe :wink:

anon64893700
19 May '16

Oh good heavens, this sounds worse by the second haha. Errm, opposite the old post office kinda? Up by Hamiltons?

thirstforwine
19 May '16

:champagne:

hurrah! that’s the one

anon64893700
19 May '16

There is hope for me yet. See you there.

anon5422159
19 May '16

A real-life meetup around a three-day-old website, with just a couple of days’ notice, on a rainy evening… which was a genuinely excellent night out, with a good turnout. Forest Hill is full of community spirit, and it seems early adopters are always interesting people with good stories to tell.

@Pauline’s energy and connections have built a trusted community for this website in a matter of days.

@thirstforwine has generously offered to become a co-admin of the site given his technical background and interest in the open-source platform that powers this forum.

I think @anon64893700 may be willing to become the second moderator (with more to be elected in the future).

@Anotherjohn, @emmad and @Zoleipar - I have verified your profiles, and I will verify Maggie when she signs up.

Thanks for a great evening!

All those I have met will be made “trust level 3”, which means they can:

• recategorise and rename topics
  • access a private “lounge” category only visible to users at trust level 3 and higher
  • use a single spam flag to immediately get rid of any dodgy posts by trust-level-0 users
  • make their own posts wiki (that is, editable by any “trust-level-1”+ users)
  • have their daily like limit increased by 2 ×

For more information on the trust system, see here: https://meta.discourse.org/t/what-do-user-trust-levels-do/4924/7