Archived on 6/5/2022

SE23.life now powered by 100% renewable energy

ForestHull
7 Nov '20

Last night se23.life moved over to a new data-centre based in Gloucester, UK.

This data-centre boasts ISO 27001 security standards and FM-200 gas is discharge fire-suppression systems and such - like most of the competition.

But what I also thought would be worth mentioning is that the data-centre also runs on 100% renewable energy from Ørsted. This means that the supplied power is generated through offshore wind and biofuel to minimise environmental impact.

They also have a ISO 50001 certificate which ensures they have policy for efficiency energy use, so the renewable energy that is used is allocated in the most efficient way possible.

ForestHull
8 Nov '20
promofaux
8 Nov '20

Pfft, so you mean all the electrons from my data are doing a round trip to Gloucester? Let’s just hope there are no traffic issues along the M4 corridor.

(Side note - the speed at which data travels about will always fascinate me)

clausy
8 Nov '20

This is great @ForestHull. Good decision. Well done with all the handover too. Super smooth and everything is running like clockwork :+1:

Michael
8 Nov '20

That’s not the analogogy I would have used.

ForestHull
9 Nov '20

Thanks @clausy. It’s certainly nice to have found hosting that provides the needed products and aligns with one’s own ethos.

I did look so see if there was anything in SE23 as a local business would have been even better, but perhaps unsurprisingly I didn’t find anything :slight_smile: