Archived on 6/5/2022

SE23 Meetup, May 2019, Sylvan Post

DLLL88
9 Apr '19

Hi all

My name is Dan and I’ve lived in Honor Oak Park for 2 years. I’m 30 years old and I’m keen to make more friends in my local area.

I’ve seen in the forum that there was a previous social at Sylvan Post in February and I would like to host another event on 2nd May at the Sylvan Post.

Heron House, 24-28 Dartmouth Rd, Forest Hill, London SE23 3XZ

7:30pm

Let me know if you’re interested in going :slight_smile:

Thanks
Dan

anon26043310
9 Apr '19

Definitely! I keep meaning to organise something but time is passing me by quite quickly. The last one was a lot of fun so happy to go to another meet up.

Sgc
9 Apr '19

I will the decisiveness already with date & location.
Keen to come along. Added it in my diary :grin:

Travis
9 Apr '19

Sounds good! Looking forward to it :slight_smile:

NorthernMatt
9 Apr '19

I missed the last get together so I’ll hopefully I can make this one!

Leah_C
9 Apr '19

Brilliant! Couldn’t make the last one and Thursdays are generally easier than Fridays for me. Hopefully see you all then!

Tanya_White
10 Apr '19

I’d be keen to pop along. I’ll put it in my diary.

watchman45
11 Apr '19

Yes enjoyed the last one so will pop in

Esme
11 Apr '19

My boyfriend and I will hopefully be coming along. We missed the last one but it’d be great to meet some locals :slight_smile:

system
12 Apr '19
Lydia
13 Apr '19

Me and Boyfriend are new to the area so will come along to say hi :+1:

topofthehill
13 Apr '19

Will any geriatrics like me be attending? If so I’d like to come along.

rachelclarep
23 Apr '19

This sounds awesome, count me in for the next one, I’m moving to FH next week and just discovered this site

cepn
23 Apr '19

Hi, new to this forum and to Forest Hill but am keen to meet people in the area so hope to be able to make this!

anon5422159
24 Apr '19

Great to see new forum members and socialites @DLLL88, @Tanya_White, @Lydia, @rachelclarep and @cepn. Welcome to SE23.life! :wave:

Looking forward to the meetup :beers:

Pauline
24 Apr '19

Count me in too Chris :slight_smile:

Pauline
24 Apr '19

Yes me :rofl:

ellFH
26 Apr '19

Hi everyone, I’m new to the area and would love to come along and meet some locals! I’ll be there around 8pm.

anon5422159
26 Apr '19

@DLLL88 have you booked a table at the @Sylvanpost? Will be worth it as 10+ people are likely to attend. Last time I believe @Emily_Ray made the booking and we got several tables joined together in the front area of the pub.

Sgc
26 Apr '19

I would say with couple of plus 1 there might be even more. Also mentioned this at book club meeting and couple of people interested so could be nearer 20.
We certainly filled the tables last time

NorthernMatt
28 Apr '19

Sorry to say I won’t be able to make it this time

Have fun :grinning:

Rich-honoroak
28 Apr '19

Yes I think this is a good idea. Been in Honor Oak and forest hill for some time but haven’t really met many of the locals around.

Anna100
28 Apr '19

Thanks for organising this, I’d like to come along. Looking forward to meeting some of you on Thursday!

DLLL88
29 Apr '19

Hi everyone. I’m looking forward to the event on thursday and seeing everyone there.

I have booked a table at sylvan post at 7:30 pm for 15 people. I believe there may be more people but I would imagine some would stand and mingle, and most should have a chance at some point to sit down. I didn’t want to book too big a table as at this stage as I’m unsure about the numbers attending.

Looking forward to this! Will be nice to meet some local residents of SE23 :slightly_smiling_face:

magse23
29 Apr '19

Me too - almost post-geriatric. looking forward to seeing Pauline

Marty_Mark
30 Apr '19

Hi all,

My girlfriend and I are new to Forest Hill, so we’ll pop in. Highly excited to meet the new neighbours! :slight_smile:

See you on Thursday,
Martin

Ryan
30 Apr '19

I’ll be along to say hello. Been in Forest Hill a number of years and would like to meet some locals.

DLLL88
2 May '19

Hi all

When you arrive there tonight, just ask for a table area reserved for Daniel Lugg.

Looking forward to seeing you all there. I may be late but hoping to arrive there by half 7

Dan

ucndave
2 May '19

Hi, hope to pop down around 8, see you later

oakr
2 May '19

Have fun everyone - I’m afraid I am on parenting duties so can’t make it.

anon5422159
2 May '19

Lots of new faces!

Thanks @DLLL88 for organising a great evening :+1:

DLLL88
3 May '19

Thanks everyone who attended last night. Was really enjoyable to meet some local people in the area.

I’m hoping to do this as a regular thing in the future (next one in June or July) so hope to see you all again very soon!

Dan

Pauline
24 Jul '19

topofthehill

29th Apr

“Me too - almost post-geriatric. looking forward to seeing Pauline”

Aww thanks Maggie, I’ve only just seen this now and always love seeing and chatting to you. Hope you can make the next meet up which has been posted with a vote on preferable dates. I don’t see you often enough now x