Archived on 6/5/2022

SE23’s Top of the Tweets - Nominations please!

SE23.life
15 Mar '17

Let’s find out which SE23 Twitter accounts people love the most.

Nominations, please - and we’ll run a poll at the end of the week

To Start the Ball Rolling:

In order of popularity:

Rules

• Must be an SE23-focussed account (not Brockley, Crofton Park, Sydenham, Lewisham or London oriented)
  • No shop / restaurant / pub / commercial / etc accounts please
Brett
15 Mar '17

I think @fhsoc should be on the list.

Pauline
15 Mar '17

Great start Chris :heart::heart:

Few accounts I do:

@paulinewright2 is my shop & 3025 followers
@fhfashionse23 is FHFW & has 1626 followers
@ForestHillArts has 483 followers
@fhfoodassembly1 has 320 followers

Couple of others:
@FHTAse23 has 398 followers
@Libraryse23 has 506 followers

@anon5422159 could you link these straight to the twitter accounts like above, I don’t know how to do it :+1::+1:

ETA Maybe I shouldn’t have included my shop, so please remove if appropriate - though I use my account to spread the word about all SE23 goings on :slight_smile:

Pauline
15 Mar '17

My nominations are (and I have to give more than one, sorry) in no particular order:

@HornimanMuseum
@FHSoc
@SE23.life
@HavelockStudios
@HonorOakPark

anon5422159
15 Mar '17

Cheers @Brett and @Pauline. I’ve added your nominations to the list. That’s 15 so far.

All - non-commercial accounts only please (we’ll do a separate competition for Local Hero accounts, Pauline!) :slight_smile: We’ll do the poll once all the nominations are in - so no votes yet please!

Pauline
15 Mar '17

Cool, I wasn’t sure about what to add, but good decision on what was added :+1::+1:

Pauline
15 Mar '17

What do you think would be a good number to stop at?

Maybe 20 with what’s been mentioned so far, if so can I suggest @FHFoodFairy on twitter :heart:

ETA @ForestHillFilm might be a good one to add :slight_smile:

I could find another three but will stop & let others make suggestions :+1:

anon5422159
15 Mar '17

Yes, 20 sounds a sensible limit.

When we start the poll at the end of the week we could have voters choose their favourite Twitter account (1 vote per voter), or maybe allow them to add votes for more than one Twitter account, what do you reckon?

• 1 vote per voter
  • 1-2 votes per voter
  • 1-3 votes per voter
  • 1-4 votes per voter
  • 1-5 votes per voter
  • :expressionless: Don’t mind
  • :thinking: Other (please comment)

0 voters

Pauline
15 Mar '17

This could then be whittled down from say the top 5/10 to 3 votes maximum per person. Then a poll for peeps voting for their first, second, and third choices.

Think this might be a fair way of doing it but others might have better ideas :slight_smile:

Pauline
15 Mar '17

Hahaha, I have more accounts that I will never admit too, like this idea a lot :sunglasses::sunglasses:

ETA the N in never :slight_smile:

starman
16 Mar '17

I’d like to see a list of commercial trader accounts.

anon5422159
16 Mar '17

Separate concept, I think - there are hundreds of them, so a poll wouldn’t work unfortunately

anon5422159
17 Mar '17

I’d forgotten to include @se23dotcom (unfortunately I don’t see their tweets anymore since they blocked me). The omission seems to have caused a bit of upset over on TOSS (see below) and I’ve now added their account to the nominations list. Sorry Steve!

In case anyone was concerned, don’t worry - I haven’t killed any foxes :laughing:

RachaelDunlop
17 Mar '17

They’ve blocked me too.

starman
17 Mar '17

Oh. I just realised that FoxyNoForinners is talking about @ChrisBeach. Are you sure FoxyNoForinners isn’t Donald Trump? Some lovely #altfacts used.

I’m not aware of ever being blocked on Twitter. What do you people do?

anon5422159
17 Mar '17

Good question. Perhaps you could @mention @se23dotcom on Twitter and ask him. We can’t unfortunately (because we’re blocked) :slight_smile:

anon5422159
17 Mar '17

Will be kicking off the poll (on a fresh topic of course…) at 6pm today. Last call for nominations!

Pauline
17 Mar '17

I’m blocked too of course :joy::joy::joy:

starman
17 Mar '17

I’m feeling left out of the party.

armadillo
17 Mar '17

I noticed that this site was reporting “http 429 (Too many requests)” errors not long after that was posted - quite interrupted my lunch time browsing :confounded:

Hopefully the two are not related?!

anon5422159
17 Mar '17

Yes, we had a denial of service attack earlier unfortunately and have accumulated some evidence that we’re following up on.

anon5422159
17 Mar '17

The poll is now live :tada: