Archived on 6/5/2022

SE4.life - first tentative steps

anon5422159
10 Jul '16

It’s only tentative at this stage, but I own the domain se4.life, and if I can find a super-connector “Pauline of Brockley” type person, I’d be quite keen to start a forum for our friends up North :slight_smile:

Pauline
10 Jul '16

I know just the person for this :sunglasses:

anon5422159
10 Jul '16

@Pauline - ooh - who’s that?

There are two people on my radar - Jane Martin and Nick Barron. Both are really popular bloggers in Crofton Park and Brockley, respectively. Both of them are involved in other forums, but if I can convince them of the benefits of our model, perhaps they’ll give it a try?

Pauline
10 Jul '16

Jane of course :slight_smile:

anon5422159
1 Feb '19

I recently heard from someone who’s interested in a forum for #brockley on a similar platform to SE23.life

Would any SE23.life members like to see a Dot Life forum that focuses on the SE4 area (inc Crofton Park, St Johns etc)?

Any volunteers to help me start it, in terms of moderating, and seeding the forum with discussion?

Ian_Richardson
2 Feb '19

Well, not everyone is one Facebook of course, but there’s a very successful and active group already doing just this.

I Admin the IloveSE4, which - even after FB’s large purge of inactive members of groups this year - is still has nearly 16,500, which I think makes it the largest community site of its type in London. The largest in Lewisham by an order of magnitude!

anon5422159
2 Feb '19

Thanks @Ian_Richardson - good to know. I am a member of that Facebook group and I can see it has a large following.

If you ever want to expand onto the open web, and get the benefits of our forum software, let me know and I’d be delighted if we could work together.