[Service Resumed] Thursday 11th January - No London Overground Service

Twitter has alerted me to the following;

No service Stratford to Richmond/Clapham Junction and Highbury & Islington to West Croydon/Clapham Junction/Crystal Palace/New Cross due to a shortage of trains caused by extra safety inspections. London Overground tickets will be accepted on London Undergroound, C2C, Southeastern, South Western Railway, Thameslink, Greater Anglia, Southern and local bus services via any reasonable route.

I’m not working today so no idea what’s happening. Highly suggest using other means to travel this morning. Eek!

Edit: Twitter team is now saying no service until at least midday.

What does ‘extra safety inspections’ mean? Initial reports were an obstruction on the tracks.

According to someone else’s post in another forum, an object was found on a track inspection overnight, so each train has to be inspected to make sure it didn’t come from any of the London Overground fleet. As it was discovered between Dalston & Highbury, where East London Line runs alongside North London Line, it could have come from a LO train or a freight train/wagon.

Trains to London Bridge running - just got on one but it is busy and expect very busy shortly.

Thanks @Joey_H, managed to see your message in time this morning to do a quick about turn and get the bike out… you saved me a whole morning of pain :+1:

Glad to be of service! :smiley:

Ditto, not as busy as normal, got comfortable standing space on southern, probably not so good when it gets to HOP

Annoyingly they’re also fastracking some of the southern trains past forest hill.

A New Cross / Dalston service has just departed the depot, service will very very slowly start to be reintroduced.

I took a chance. Fortunately there were two LBG trains within three minutes of each other. The first slightly delayed and the second massively delayed. The second one though had seats. But not many past HOP.

The services here have been getting worse and worse. Its really grim.
just before christmas I had to spent £50 on an Uber to get me to work as there were no trains from FH.
we desprately need another bus route that serves the west-end or can’t the number 12 be extended to Penge?
The 176 originally ran Penge-Oxford Circus now it stops at Tottenham court road which is a drag for those of us who work in the marble arch/bond st area.
every day the trains seems to have delays as well.
Its making living here a pain in the butt tbh

Part of the braking system fell off so the whole fleet had to be checked out:

Watched 2 London Bridge trains leave at HOP without any chance of getting on. Was then delayed by suspension of Jubilee coming home. Not a great commuting day!