Archived on 6/5/2022

Sewing skills course- introductory techniques for beginners Starts Thursday 2nd March 10am-12:30pm

AdultLearning
23 Feb '17

This five week course will give you a full understanding of using a sewing machine safely, and you will develop skills that will enable you to achieve a more professional finish to your garments and furnishings. You will be introduced to all the main functions and controls of the sewing machine, from correct threading and tension adjustments, to a range of stitches, techniques and accessories. You will make a range of reference samples to enable you to apply your new skills to your sewing projects: these will include hems, edge and topstitching, buttonholes, and invisible zip insertion. You will complete the course by making a simple craft item such as a cushion or fabric bag.

Cost: £67.00 (full), £35.50 (reduced), £35.50 (concession)

You can enrol with us over the phone by calling 020 8314 6959 Tuesday to Thursday 10am–4pm and Friday 10am–3pm if you are paying by credit or debit card.

For more information visit http://www.lewisham.gov.uk/myservices/education/adult/find-a-course/Pages/Adult-education-course-details.aspx?directoryid=11049

starman
23 Feb '17

I did this. It was a wonderful course. And I made this beautiful cushion.

AdultLearning
23 Feb '17

Thanks for sharing - love the cushion!

Londondrz
23 Feb '17

Looks good, sadly my machine has been gathering dust for some time. This looks like a great opportunity to learn a new skill.