Archived on 6/5/2022

Share your pictures of SE23

SE23.life
28 May '16

The SE23.life Instagram account is live and we would love to share some of your favourite pictures of the area (taken by yourself).

Please make sure you own the rights to the picture or at least have permission to use it.

squashst
28 May '16

From a few years back a very wintry One Tree Hill and Honor Oak

anon64893700
28 May '16

Lovely pictures there @squashst Thank you for sharing .
I have posted one for now, just trying to find our feet a bit so apologies for the vagueness.
But congratulations on being the first person to have an image posted on https://www.instagram.com/se23.life/

Michael
28 May '16

The flood of 2016

squashst
28 May '16

And the opening day of the Overground - no expense spared at Penge West station!

armadillo
30 May '16

How about the view from Forest Hill station at a time of day I’d rather not remember :wink:

HonorOakBloke
31 May '16

Sunset over One Tree Hill - from the Honor Oak side

thirstforwine
31 May '16

And another local favourite (for another day again…) taken outside the entry to Mayow Park from the Silverdale side ( so RIGHT on the boundary of SE23 )

p.s. this bench too is now, sadly, only a memory as it was removed shortly thereafter

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCPo81hp4q0/?taken-by=thirstforwine

thirstforwine
31 May '16

doesn’t look THAT much like SE23 down below though :wink:

Londondrz
31 May '16

thirstforwine
31 May '16

Whilst I love any great picture, and we could share our favourites, I’d just like to refer you to the intention of the thread which was to collect some great photos of the area (i.e SE23) that might be shared via the SE23.LIFE instagram account in order to give a flavour of the area.

I’m not sure we want to disappoint visitors looking for the local fishing trawlers :wink:

anon64893700
31 May '16

Indeed @thirstforwine that is the intention for the Instagram account, but no harm in people sharing a few cheeky favourites of what are clearly not taken in SE23. Everyone can join in that way, as some are unlikely to have images of the local area.

I’m sure the balance can be found, and if necessary the thread split to differentiate between over all favourite pictures taken, and those of the local area. As ever, trial and error with plenty of room for adjustment. Just finding the interests of the community :slight_smile:

TravelCounsellor
31 May '16

Double rainbow encompassing the streets of Perry Vale :rainbow:

RachaelDunlop
1 Jun '16

We get some cracking rainbows at this end of SE23 - I’m on Mayow Road, near where that pic was taken. If we get a bit of sun after the rain late afternoon, we’re almost guaranteed a rainbow in that direction.

TravelCounsellor
1 Jun '16

I got a few that day, it was amazing, not sure id ever seen a double rainbow before.:slight_smile:

Marianne
6 Jun '16

The beautifully refurbished Sydenham Girls School, Dartmouth Road - i think it looks magnificent …

anon64893700
6 Jun '16

8 posts were split to a new topic: Sydenham Girls School makeover

comoed
6 Jun '16

Spring

thirstforwine
12 Jun '16

One from the garden just now, after the rain

anon64893700
12 Jun '16

Very nice @thirstforwine, do love water droplets on pretty colours.

On the theme of rain. Waiting at the station this morning, with the skies making its intentions perfectly clear.

jonfrewin
12 Jun '16

Rainbow over fab Forest Hill station!

thirstforwine
14 Jun '16

Still one of my favourite signs in SE23

[Access to the Dartmouth Arms]

thirstforwine
15 Jun '16

Another one of my all-time favourite photos of SE23 (from 2012)

This was taken in the window of the old launderette which has since metamorphosed into Pedder’s new offices.

I recall there was some confusion over when it would eventually be forced to close … :joy:

anon64893700
15 Jun '16

Haha when was this? I remember its long standing impending doom, but never saw the sign.
Epic !

Anotherjohn
1 Jul '16

Anotherjohn
1 Jul '16

Anotherjohn
1 Jul '16

Stunning eh!
Just before 9pm tonight.

RachaelDunlop
1 Jul '16

Saw the double one from my kitchen window - thought for a moment I’d had too much wine.

Sandinista
1 Jul '16

Stopped me in my tracks too…

anon5422159
26 Jul '16
Londondrz
27 Jul '16

And from beyond…

DeDae2022
28 Jul '16

DeDae2022
28 Jul '16

Sadly painted over, not sure if Lewisham Council is responible…

DeDae2022
28 Jul '16

Brockley Bob

oakr
31 Jul '16

Well this is SE23, , my photos have mainly been wildlife but I’ll see if I can dig anything else out, for now here is some wildlife seen in my garden over the years.

1. Squirrel eating another stolen strawberry (have given up with them now!)

1. Woodpecker keeping his food to himself

1. Fox cub (in the days I had a pond and a fox den in the garden)

1. Mind over matter Blue Tit

anon5422159
31 Jul '16

Great photos @oakr, love the shallow depth of field in particular.

Would you object to us sharing these on our social sites (Instagram and Pinterest)? We link back here for attribution.

If you’re happy for us to share, we’ll create a new Pinterest board on SE23 wildlife/nature (hat tip to @Daffodil for the original suggestion)

oakr
1 Aug '16

Hi Chris, thanks and yes that’s no problem.

Foresthillnick
1 Aug '16

Cranston in the snow.
Taken a few years back…

anon64893700
9 Aug '16

Just a quick beyond shot of Westshore beach in North Wales…
Might get this made into a canvas print for the living room.
(breaking myself back into the forum gently)

Andrei
9 Aug '16

Photo taken a week after I’ve moved to SE23 this year. Gaynesford Street Festival.

squashst
10 Aug '16

From Macao - a really groovy restaurant - lets hope they open a brancn in SE23.

Taoschno
11 Aug '16

This is SE14, Telegraph Hill Upper taken on one of Lewisham Cyclists’ Tuesday evening bike rides. We had just ridden through SE23 and were on our way back through it again. Does that count?

anon64893700
11 Aug '16

It’s a gorgeous photo, in sure it counts :slight_smile:

AndyS
11 Aug '16

I would love to know what they thought they were saying that came out as “rinse rinse boiler”. “Double-boiled rice”, like “twice-cooked chips”???

anon5422159
12 Aug '16

Camberwell New Cemetery this evening:

anon64893700
7 Sep '16

A couple of recent shots…

squashst
8 Sep '16

Something of a curio, London in the 1950s by car

AndyS
8 Sep '16

Fantastic! Imagine driving for as long as 1m30s or even 2 minutes at a time and not even having to stop for traffic.

Anyone know where those shots were?

A surprising number of cars, actually, I thought.

Thanks for posting, @squashst!

Moto_Hodder
13 Sep '16

I’m pretty sure the first two shots were in Chelsea down by the river (Chelsea Walk) and the last one was around Kensington High Street.

If it was anywhere east or south of Central London, you’d have seen many bomb sites still waiting to be rebuilt.

anon64893700
13 Sep '16

Morning spider Web in the sun on Perry Vale

Clair
14 Nov '16

A lovely picture my mum sent me of Horniman Gardens back in the 1890’s.

oakr
14 Nov '16

Great photo. Are those sheep in the background / what are they?

Brett
15 Nov '16

Feb 2009 in Honor Oak:

HornimanMuseum
15 Nov '16

This was our boating pond which is now paved over at the bottom of Meadow Field. Lovely view of the bandstand as well.
Thanks for this @Clair.

Michael
15 Nov '16

@HornimanMuseum give us back our boating pond!
:speedboat:
:laughing:

Lyndsey
15 Nov '16

Grow Mayow July 2016

RachaelDunlop
5 Dec '16

View towards South London from the top floor of the Walkie Talkie building. If you squint very hard you can see the two Crystal Palace masts. By naked eye I could see all the way to Croydon.

AndyS
5 Dec '16

And… that’s a good thing? Just checking.

RachaelDunlop
6 Dec '16

A lovely thing: Stanford Estates’ traditional snowy railway scene. Makes me smile every year.

Londondrz
7 Dec '16

Walked past it yesterday, it brings out my inner child. Lovely display.

Scorpion
18 Dec '16

We are very lucky and often see double rainbows around here! WOW! The pot of gold is here! :smiley:

Look at those colours! How beautiful is this natural phenomenom? Free and priceless at the same time :slight_smile:

RachaelDunlop
18 Dec '16

Crystal Palace Park boating lake on a foggy morning.

Scorpion
19 Dec '16

Here is one I took of “Woody” our local resident Green woodpecker. He pops down to the grass edge outside my flat, early most mornings (don’t think so at this time of the year or I maybe have not heard him) and announces himself by making woodpecker calling noises (not alarming ones, maybe “I am here getting breakfast” kind of noises (? lol) then proceeds to eat insects (?) as he hops along the kerb edge.You can just pick him out.:blush:

Here is one of a beautiful female Harris Hawk who came to “have a word” with the pigeon population hanging around Lewisham Hospital a while back. :scream:

She flew about, under the watchful eye of her handler and made her presence known (see her perched on a window sill outside of a ward room) What a joy to watch and the pigeons were well behaved that day :yum:

Scorpion
19 Dec '16

Living together in our wonderful community/area that is SE23
I like living where I do, mostly. Here is one reason why my patience is sometimes tried (I am not perfect myself though :grinning: ) but …

Tips on maybe how you could possibly open someones eyes to how other people feel, living around you (or, maybe how to not make an enemy of a near neighbour?! lol)

Here is one I took of a sticky note I put on our communal rubbish shute one summer, when I was at the end of my tether because someone in my block, on my floor, kept on scraping waste food direct into the hopper :rage: Especially annoying in summer (unless you are a fly!) It seemed to have an effect, thankfully :innocent:

The reverse of the note too (as much as I love foxes and especially watching the young 'uns every spring-ish time, I do not appreciate them dumping on our walkways!) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I always try to get along with my neighbours. Sometimes it just takes a gentle nudge, word of advice or, even a “hello, how are you?” and a friendly ear. :wink:

anon5422159
21 Dec '16

[Shared with permission]

10/10 for effort! :angel: :heart:

RachaelDunlop
5 Jan '17

Still chilly in Crystal Palace Park this afternoon.

Meanwhile, the dinosaurs are being restored. Here’s a few before and after comparisons.

Andy
25 Jan '17

Another at Crystal Palace

RachaelDunlop
15 Feb '17

Spectacular full rainbow this afternoon from my kitchen window.

Londondrz
15 Feb '17

Didnt know there were baobabs in FH! :grin:

RachaelDunlop
15 Feb '17

I’m not sure what species of tree that is. Beech maybe? Every few years it is brutally crowned. This vandalism was inflicted this week. In its full glory it is beautiful and its leaves rustle even when there is not a breath of a breeze at ground level. Many a summer’s afternoon has had the susurration of its foliage as background music. No more.

SE23.life
15 Feb '17

Interesting and rare little peek under Honor Oak Reservoir:

RachaelDunlop
20 Feb '17

Mandarin duck spotted this morning in Crystal Palace Park. Such a dapper chap.

Foresthillnick
12 Apr '17

My cherry tree in Full blossom - Barriedale Allotments

BingBong
14 Apr '17

Wells Park, looking stunning while I was stretching my legs on Wednesday.

RachaelDunlop
14 Apr '17

Beckenham Place Park this morning.

Poppet21
16 Apr '17

The Cherry trees outside Honor Oak Park station, in full bloom. The beautiful sign of Spring.

Liz_Hall
22 May '17

Sunset in HOP tonight :heart_eyes:

Londondrz
23 May '17

My new train service to London.

LukeSlatford
23 May '17

All for the cheap price of puts little finger in mouth one Billion pounds per year… !

Londondrz
23 May '17

£32 return and First Class.

LukeSlatford
23 May '17

Cheap as chips - Maidenhead return daily costs me £26 return…

Moto_Hodder
14 Jun '17

Opposite the All Inn One this morning

Londondrz
14 Jun '17

Brilliant photo.

starman
14 Jun '17

I had so many of these in the garden this year. Orange and yellow. I love them. So nice to see them in this setting.

anon64893700
14 Jun '17

My recent poppy pic from my road.

Kallik the new addition looking smart

Londondrz
14 Jun '17

He is a handsome chap, nothing like the owner :grin:

anon64893700
14 Jun '17

LMAO so true, although the owner is ginger too right now!
The lengths I go to to get snaps like this, laying in a park!! Eeew

anon5422159
7 Jul '17

View of the golf course on Honor Oak Reservoir, from Brenchley Gardens:

starman
7 Jul '17

Right now.

:blush:

kat.standlake.point
21 Jul '17

View from the top of Standlake Point

kat.standlake.point
23 Aug '17

Today morning:

anon5422159
24 Aug '17

8 posts were split to a new topic: Geeks category

oakr
8 Sep '17

Spotted on scaffolding in HOP :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

anon64893700
20 Sep '17

Taken in Sydenham at the station a while back. Love the quality of the pictures, true to life colour and such detail.

Scorpion
20 Sep '17

Lovely photo :slight_smile: Is that a grasshopper?

Michael
20 Sep '17

anon64893700
21 Sep '17

Errm I’m gonna say yes, but don’t really know lol

RachaelDunlop
21 Sep '17

He’s an interesting chap. Going by his colour and the fact he’s about during the day, I’d say grasshopper, but his long antenna suggest cricket.

anon5422159
24 Sep '17

Nice fiery sunset this eve:

clausy
30 Sep '17

Some mini street art appeared on Waldenshaw Road…

clausy
1 Oct '17

This picture of the church makes it look like we live in a village in the middle of the countryside.

starman
23 Oct '17

Taken in Sydenham Hill Wood on the Forest Hill Society Autumn Walk.

cathygreenhalgh
24 Oct '17

Blythe Hill view to city on Sunday 24th October

around 5pm.

RachaelDunlop
24 Oct '17

@starman Did you enjoy the spooky drop in temperature at the entrance to the disused railway?

James1P
28 Oct '17

Como road

kat.standlake.point
29 Oct '17

Not Forest Hill, but beautiful sun when coming down on motorway today.

oakr
1 Nov '17

Rebecca_Headd
1 Nov '17

Autumnal hues in Mayow Park a few days ago.

kat.standlake.point
2 Nov '17

Crystal Palace tower in the cloud

RachaelDunlop
2 Nov '17

Foresthillnick
3 Nov '17

Blackheath at sunrise - taken by a mate…

Nicjane
3 Nov '17

There is also one of these on the entrance to Blythe hill. The ravensbourne side

Nicjane
3 Nov '17

Blythe hill this morning

clausy
2 Dec '17

Morning everyone.

kat.standlake.point
23 Dec '17

On the tree opposite Valentine Court, Perry Vale

anon51837532
23 Dec '17

Must have taken it hours to carve the arched doorway.

kat.standlake.point
23 Dec '17

I think maybe years)))

oakr
2 Jan '18

Will have to try this again but here is One Tree Hill just before 6pm today as viewed from just out of HOP station

Rebecca_Headd
3 Jan '18

The cutest long tailed tit in Forest Hill!

oakr
3 Jan '18

Wow really nice Rebecca! I’ve only ever seen them this side of the river, and only rarely in the garden but really like them. Is bird photography your favourite photography element? You’ve posted some really nice shots on here.

Rebecca_Headd
3 Jan '18

They are such sweet little things. They showed up for the first time ever in my garden last summer, about 10-15. I started feeding the birds from my second floor flat window by sticking window feeders on. I now get so many birds who sit on the elder tree just outside, so its easy to get close shots of them. I even had a jay come to my window! Sometimes I stick my head out and the coal tits are really friendly and land on me! There is also one particular parakeet who just sits on the windowsill and peers in at me - quite hilarious really. And my cats watching it all. Yes I love all wildlife and I love photographing them all. You have great shots too! I’ve always thought it would be great to have a show case of local photographers photography, especially a wildlife themed one!

oakr
5 Jan '18

Blackberries anyone?

anon5422159
5 Jan '18

SE23.life Wildlife Photographer of the Year … sounds like a plan!

Rebecca_Headd
5 Jan '18

I’d totally be up for it!

clausy
25 Feb '18

The Horniman looking good today. Blue sky and the moon too.

oakr
26 Feb '18

Slight contrast to the photo above! Snow is coming (relatively lightly).

RachaelDunlop
27 Feb '18

I’m sure SE23 is in this picture somewhere.

kat.standlake.point
28 Feb '18

Forest Hill today

kat.standlake.point
28 Feb '18

And another Forest Hill today

Foresthillnick
28 Feb '18

Two seasons in one…

Quite happy with this one!

anon30031319
28 Feb '18

That there is pure class! Love that!

Deepa
28 Feb '18

From my backyard in the morning (Westbourne drive)

divya_m
28 Feb '18

RachaelDunlop
28 Feb '18

clausy
28 Feb '18

Here’s one from his morning.

anon30031319
28 Feb '18

Wow he is stunning now!:heart_eyes:

James1P
28 Feb '18

ok, joining the club.

James1P
28 Feb '18

muggers alley

Mary_Sky_Walker
28 Feb '18

Taymount Rise this morning

Scorpion
28 Feb '18

Yesterday

Last night

Scorpion
28 Feb '18

This morning

Its going to be a bright but cold day!

Soon, they will be green :deciduous_tree: :wink:

anon5422159
28 Feb '18

Your pic just popped up in my reddit feed, @Foresthillnick (I didn’t realise you were on there!) - it’s doing rather well in r/London!

Londondrz
1 Mar '18

Very familiar view that :slight_smile:

oakr
10 Mar '18

Sorting through my photos - here are a few from those snow days!

anon5422159
10 Mar '18

Beautiful! Is that a Norwegian forest cat?

oakr
10 Mar '18

Hi Chris - he is! Though I think we might rename him a Barbadian Sofa cat in terms of his time indoors in the warm vs outdoors in the snow!

We rehomed him this summer - he’s a super cat though he does shed quite a lot of fur when, like now, his winter coat is going!

divya_m
11 Mar '18

Beautiful! Where were those taken?

oakr
11 Mar '18

Hello. I’m fortunate enough to back onto a communal wood of sorts. Essentially it’s surrounded by houses on each side and access is only via those houses, and instead of some houses having large gardens the majority has been left as woodland (though the woodland is managed and we all pay a small annual fee towards that) - it’s amazing and I think the only one on South London, though who knows for sure.

clausy
13 Mar '18

Tonight’s rainbow

armadillo
18 Mar '18

With just two days left until the official start of Spring, I just thought I’d share a quick photo of the local wildlife starting to make a showing in our back garden …

GillB
18 Mar '18

The one on the left looks like ‘the cat in the hat’ book by Dr Seuss :grin:

anon51837532
18 Mar '18

Is there a prize for spotting the cat - if there is it looks like GillB has won it.

GillB
18 Mar '18

Either that or I have an over imaginative mind from childhood & being a former teaching assistant too long :grinning:

kat.standlake.point
19 Apr '18

Bell Green Sainsburys bus stop today 19:35pm

kat.standlake.point
19 Apr '18

Magical evening in Forest Hill, 20:50pm, today.

anon5422159
25 Apr '18

Photos taken on Blythe Hill today, by Darren Francis (shared with permission):

clausy
26 Apr '18

Wow, I love the light in the second one - it was a good day for pics y’day - sunlight, and dark clouds.

Londondrz
26 Apr '18

That is a great shot.

Mike_Hemmings
27 Apr '18

A few SE23 aerials for a different perspective!

https://se23.life/uploads/default/original/2X/5/5a735290b6eb655242b9345163cf0466585179c1.mp4

anon5422159
27 Apr '18

Amazing photos @Mike_Hemmings - thanks for sharing!

Note to all: when sharing videos, I’d recommend uploading to YouTube/Vimeo and then posting the link here where it will expand out into an embedded, playable video

AndyS
27 Apr '18

Fabulous! Where are they?

anon5422159
27 Apr '18

Posts were merged into an existing topic: Drones in SE23

Mike_Hemmings
27 Apr '18

Thanks guys!

@Londondrz - I was using a DJI Mavic Pro, 2.7k edited in Premier or just Instagram.

@AndyS - All taken from Camberwell New Cemetry (bar the circus which is Dulwich Park )

The video didn’t upload but there are a few on instagram under 400ftflyer

oakr
28 Apr '18

Found a couple of old ones from when I had the bird feeder. The woodpecker would come several times a day - it was amazing. Also got to see 3 of them at one time a couple of summers 2 parents with a young one.

jonfrewin
30 Apr '18

Quite a sunset over Forest Hill tonight!

Brett
1 May '18

Honor Oak Park cherry blossom a few days ago:

oakr
6 May '18

Bit of spring colour

Lastly chives

kat.standlake.point
11 May '18

Mayow park, dont know the name of the tree, but i think it is some sort of chestnut tree

Howdo
26 May '18

Rather exciting weather tonight. Lightning over Dawson’s Heights taken from Ringmore Rise.

anon30031319
27 May '18

A pic I took before enjoying the rest of the show

Foresthillnick
27 May '18

Great shot. Did you leave the shutter open on long exposure or just time it perfectly

anon51837532
28 May '18

Just seen on BBC Springwatch 28 May 2018 20:55.

Horse Chestnut.

oakr
31 May '18

Pond life

1. Mosquito and little ones

Mozzie2 by alligator1975, on Flickr

1. Froglet - just starting to emerge from the pond (well bucket)

Froglet by alligator1975, on Flickr

1. And a resident adult

Frog by alligator1975, on Flickr

oakr
3 Jun '18

Blue Tit food

oakr
6 Jun '18

One more froglet - they will all have left the pond soon.

DevRes
9 Jun '18

DevRes
9 Jun '18

DevRes
9 Jun '18

oakr
6 Aug '18

Quick snap of the sunset

James1P
6 Aug '18

snap

clausy
9 Aug '18

Storm tonight!

Cpw1978
9 Aug '18

Tonight

clausy
12 Aug '18

From a couple of days ago before the thunderstorm

Anotherjohn
12 Aug '18

That is dramatic!
For me, the delicate church spire somehow seems so vulnerable to the weight of those huge menacing clouds.
Reminds me of this - (not in Forest Hill though)

starman
12 Aug '18

Interesting perspective. With the church lit so it appears defiant.

Michael
12 Aug '18

It is almost as if these structures were built to tower above the earth, reaching up to the heavens to connect with something higher than ourselves. Demonstrating the power of the church to rise above mortal matters and reach out toward the godly.
Nowadays we leave such symbolism to the banks, the broadcast media, and space tycoons. And the church spires are converted into homes for the upwardly mobile.

Cpw1978
17 Aug '18

I wonder if that is the same lightening bolt from a different angle …

Greku69
26 Aug '18

I take this photos in Horniman Museum garden in 2014 and shortly after they all been cut down and they never plant anything that lovely again… glad I still have pictures…last one looks like chicken wings :smile:

oakr
26 Aug '18

Great photos, you’ve captured the colours nicely. The last one does look strange! - sesame seed maybe!

I think the first one is a Tiger Tomato, they definitely had some once, and I started growing them (or trying to) after seeing them there.

I’ve always liked walking through the gardens there, good ideas for lots of things.

I note you’ve been giving some of your photo stuff away, are you moving way from photography (which would be a shame!)?

Greku69
26 Aug '18

Glad you like it, I was lucky that day and the light was great.
I give away stuff I don’t use. No time for photography as my main job takes all the time. I do keep camera so not moving away from it completely…

clausy
8 Sep '18

Flew in this morning - great view of South London. I think I got most of SE23 from St Dunstans College on the right just above the centre line to Dulwich College on the left. You can see the gas holders in Sydenham and everything in-between. Hello everyone, and apologies for the aircraft noise

Claus ducks

anon51837532
8 Sep '18

Great pic - and it puts the gas-holders into perspective.

They hold no significance over the rest of the subjects in the picture.

No need to apologise for the noise - it’s an acknowledged fact that Londoners need their flights for leisure and business trips - and that some level of noise inevitably goes with them.

clausy
9 Sep '18

The ‘noise’ thing was a mildly sarcastic dig at the ongoing aircraft noise thread which I’m really not going to kick off in here.

I actually like how the gas holders stand out quite prominently in blue.

ForestHull
9 Sep '18

Great picture! I can see my house!

PS: Note that you can mute threads you aren’t interested in… but I did get the joke :slight_smile:

oakr
13 Sep '18

View from Blythe Hill tonight - looks better with your own eyes, if you’ve never been up you should!

The Shard

Canary Wharf

clausy
14 Sep '18

I love these, thanks for sharing. That ‘thing’ on Bishopsgate is going to be HUGE given how high the concrete core goes. And it’s square and boring.

oakr
15 Sep '18

Thanks! The speed of building is crazy - I use to work near Bishopsgate and walk through recently and there was so much new!

James1P
19 Sep '18

winter is coming…as seen from Como road this evening.

Tazmondo
1 Oct '18

Bright sky over the Railway Telegraph this evening.

oakr
21 Oct '18

Went up One Tree Hill for the first time in years - really amazing view from the top on a beautiful day.

MackemJo
29 Oct '18

Amazing sky just now!

clausy
10 Nov '18

It’s looking a bit ominous outside…

MackemJo
14 Nov '18

The sky from Platform 1 at 7am - beautiful!

Dave
14 Nov '18

Another view from around the same time this morning. It was stunning.

SE26.life
20 Nov '18

We’ve got some catching up to do but we’ve made a start: :wink:

starman
21 Nov '18

Remember those giant, flat disc-shaped clouds which hide alien space craft about to launch invasions?

I’ll meet you all in the bat cave in Sydenham Wood. Bring bottled water.

MackemJo
24 Dec '18

Christmas Eve sky

James1P
25 Dec '18

Christmas morning!

ForestHull
24 Jan '19

Sunrise this morning from Houston Road:

ChrisR
24 Jan '19

Red sky in the morning shepherds warning?

Scorpion
25 Jan '19

Same morning, Derby Hill Crescent/Shackleton Close. My phones camera is a bit naff mostly & it changes colour/hue often but still nice/dramatic, I think :slight_smile:

Was taken aback by the beautiful sky so much as I left home approx 07:30am that I HAD to stop and snap.

ForestHull
31 Jan '19

Looking the other way from Houston Road this morning:

anon5422159
17 Mar '19
MackemJo
5 Apr '19

Stunning sky this morning

oakr
5 Apr '19

That’s really nice @MackemJo

MackemJo
5 Apr '19

Thanks @oakr! It was a stick my phone outside our loft window and hope for the best one. Really beautiful sky.

oakr
5 Apr '19

I believe that’s is known as field craft :grinning:

starman
5 Apr '19

Wait… isn’t it red sky in morning (insert preferred outdoor trade) warning?

Should’ve I brought a brolly?

Lovely pic BTW

ForestHull
6 May '19

From the garden behind Green & Brown in Mayow Park:

clausy
25 May '19

Walked past this morning… I’m going to miss them when they’re gone.

anon5422159
25 May '19

Wow, love the tone and drama in that photo

clausy
26 May '19

Yeah kind of weird - it was blue sky and sunny, yet the phone decided to do some weird colour balancing - I quite liked the effect so it’s totally unedited.

ForestHull
2 Sep '19

This photo is from the @HornimanMuseum, in the main reception area:

There’s info about the exhibition as a whole here As I Live and Breathe - Horniman Museum and Gardens, but I’ve reproduced some of the blurb on this particular piece as it details an interesting additional dimension which isn’t immediately apparent on viewing alone:

Claire Morgan
As I Live and Breathe, 2019
Polythene, nylon, lead

This dramatic installation is composed of thousands of fragments of colourful waste polythene, torn by hand from used shopping bags. It suggests a dramatic movement, being pulled by gravity from overhead down to the ground below, halting the movement in order to freeze a fleeting instant in time.

Claire says “I wanted to make something suggestive of our constant resistance to the forces of nature, and of a situation on the point of dramatic change, of collapse. The synthetic ball-like forms are reminiscent of comets or meteors. For me, both in this work and in life, there is a jarring between the disruptive, unstoppable cycles of life and death, that ultimately govern us, and the superficial, seductive, safe and easily consumable things: colours, materials, objects that we choose to use to entertain and distract ourselves.”

MackemJo
10 Sep '19

Another beautiful sunrise this morning

Howdo
11 Sep '19

Another glorious Forest Hill sunset. Enhanced by ‘the ship’ or ruined? Discuss :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

oakr
11 Sep '19

Ha! You beat me too it! Some lovely sunsets at the moment.

This one from 10 minutes or so before.

ThorNogson
12 Sep '19

ThorNogson
12 Sep '19

Sunflowers are out.

Londondrz
12 Sep '19

Wow, superb picture.

oakr
27 Sep '19

View from Blythe Hill a few days ago, autumn colours starting to come through.

ForestHull
10 Dec '19

The sky over Houston Road this morning:

Shepherd’s warning!

oakr
8 Jan '20

Not quite SE23 but the final gasholder demolition was back in full swing today

marka
11 Jan '20

Beckenham Place Park - levitating tree

marka
11 Jan '20

Blythe Hill Fields

clausy
20 Jan '20

Sunrise this morning was spectacular

promofaux
20 Jan '20

It was, indeed. I took a picture of the very same cloud formation, potentially at very same time, judging by the shapes…

I have spent more time than is reasonable trying to pinpoint on Google Earth where you took yours from (to the point where I now hate myself). But… is Hilly Fields Park in the right ballpark? Assuming that’s the church next to the fire station on Lewisham High Street.

I’ve changed my mind, that church’s steeple is not quite the right shape.

Maybe this church, somewhere along the red line…

(The things I find to do that aren’t house work astound me)

clausy
20 Jan '20

It’s the Apostle’s Church from Waldenshaw Road :slight_smile: I hope you can relax now!

Londondrz
20 Jan '20

I always imagined your view was a spectacular one. I had to clamber on our roof to get a similar one but of course we were a few doors down so didn’t have the same perspective.

HonorOakBloke
21 Jan '20

From my early morning run this morning - the moon setting over a cold and frosty Blythe Hill Fields.

clausy
25 Feb '20

Got soaked cycling home tonight, but then I was greeted by this as I came up the hill. Almost worth it.

Anotherjohn
25 Feb '20

Beautiful scenery almost seemingly under a glass dome.
Does it turn into a snow scene when you shake it?

starman
25 Feb '20

Caught it in Trafalgar Square.

ForestHull
9 Apr '20

Bee on a spoon of honey in the back garden:

Not bad for a mobile phone picture.

oakr
9 Apr '20

Nice - were you rescuing it or was it just stealing your honey (well taking back what was rightfully hers!)

ForestHull
9 Apr '20

It was a rescue mission. Bee had been caught in a window for a while and looked worn out. After eating some of the honey and sitting in the sun for ten minutes it flew off high in the sky.

I think there must be an apairy somewhere around here as there’s a couple of these guys getting stuck every day. Or it could be the same bee coming back for more :grin:

Or maybe they will calm down now the Clematis has finished flowering.

Scorpion
9 Apr '20

Last Saturday

Yesterday

James1P
9 Apr '20

starman
9 Apr '20

His. More likely.

oakr
9 Apr '20

Why? I thought all worker bees were female - is it a drone \ how can you tell?

starman
9 Apr '20

I thought they were all male. Isn’t the only female the Queen?

oakr
9 Apr '20

Don’t think so, Queen, male drones and female workers - point 5 here

oakr
10 Apr '20

You inspired to save one today also. It got stuck in my pop up greenhouse and had stopped flying around. Managed to move it onto the spoon without it going off, where like yours it fed and then flew off replenished. I love having bees and hover flies in the garden.

clausy
1 May '20

Couple of quick pics - some ‘fun’ weather today.

(yes screenshots from video, but I keep forgetting to actually take a proper snap)

Londondrz
2 May '20

My favourite is going up, composing the shot, only to realise I didn’t put the SD card in. Doh!

oakr
2 May '20

Saw some fox cubs today which brought a smile to my face

And if anyone wants a video of them it’s here

Fox club video - 3 minutes long…

Londondrz
2 May '20

Fox Club😁

oakr
2 May '20

These foxes start clubbing at a young age - I blame the parents!

Londondrz
2 May '20

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

clausy
22 Jun '20

Did anyone see these two fly over around lunchtime? The seem to be Apaches (?) loaded with loads of surveillance equipment. Timestamp is 12.46pm in case anyone can did out a flight radar assuming they’re even tracked at all.

HannahM
22 Jun '20

They made hell of a noise.

Londondrz
22 Jun '20

If they are US Apaches then they won’t show up on Flightradar.

clausy
22 Jun '20

so the question is, what are they doing here?

Swagger
22 Jun '20

Just passing through?

clausy
22 Jun '20

by ‘here’ I meant in the UK, but it would appear we have UK Apaches in the airforce https://www.army.mod.uk/equipment/aircraft/ so yes probably passing through.

ChrisR
22 Jun '20

I wondered what the helicopters that I heard were as I could tell they had a different sound to the police and air ambulance helicopters we hear more regularly and the chinooks that go over from time to time. By the time I got to a window next door’s large tree blocked the view of them!

Swagger
22 Jun '20

Yeah, as far as I can remember we’ve had them for some time. I don’t know the exact date they were put into service but we’ve had them since before the invasion of Iraq. I’ve seen them before here and elsewhere in London and like you I’ve wondered where they’d come from and where they were going but after some thought it’s unlikely that they’d land anywhere in Greater London on a regular or infrequent basis so my conclusion - along with Chinooks - is that they’re just passing through.

Beige
22 Jun '20

Their direction of flight over my house was similar to that of Trump’s fleet(?) so I perhaps they were heading to Biggin Hill (where Trump’s were based).

Londondrz
23 Jun '20

They like hedge hopping up here. Was saved at by a pilot of one last year, it was so low I could tell he had blue eyes😁

Londondrz
23 Jun '20

Potentially landing at the HAC?

oakr
13 Jul '20

Stopped my cycle at the top of Houston Road to look at this beautiful sunset.

clausy
18 Jul '20

Alliums up at Horniman today

Dave_Benson
18 Jul '20

Sorry they’re Agapanthus, they are wonderful aren’t they.

clausy
18 Jul '20

Happy to be corrected, thanks. Yes they’re fab

ForestHull
20 Jul '20

Here’s a curiously Rorschach-esque one from a tree down on Woolstone Road:

@anon27836993 - it made me think of you!

anon27836993
20 Jul '20

Hug a tree maybe ?? :woman_shrugging:t2:

oakr
21 Jul '20

Not quite se23, but nice sky from the allotment yesterday

clausy
2 Aug '20

Nice sky this morning. Lazy iPhone snap, no filters.

wmorgan1
2 Aug '20

!

clausy
22 Aug '20

Horniman looking fab today

Londondrz
23 Aug '20

My favourite part of the gardens.

wmorgan1
6 Oct '20

Ewart Estate grapes:

ThorNogson
9 Oct '20

A fine crop of squashes at the Horniman.

clausy
10 Oct '20

City framed by the Jurassic garden at Horniman

Clair
10 Oct '20

Paint the whole world with a Rainbow :rainbow: SE23’s

ThorNogson
11 Oct '20

Sky this evening

ThorNogson
11 Oct '20

clausy
11 Oct '20

… and right from the top corner of SE23.

clausy
12 Oct '20

This morning was pretty good too!

Suze
2 Nov '20

A very brief, but lovely, rainbow just now image

wmorgan1
14 Nov '20

wmorgan1
23 Nov '20

clausy
24 Nov '20

Sunset tonight. Spot the Horniman

oakr
27 Nov '20

Missed most of the fog this morning but snapped this whilst there was a bit around still on Blythe Hill.

clausy
27 Nov '20

Excellent!

starman
27 Nov '20

Fabulous. What lens and settings?

oakr
27 Nov '20

Thanks! Just on my phone (S9) and converted quickly on the phone to B&W.

ForestHull
28 Nov '20

It must almost be Christmas as Babur’s tiger has his scarf on!

clausy
2 Dec '20

Good morning SE23

starman
2 Dec '20

Question: What would a nuclear winter look like?

Answer: :arrow_up:

ThorNogson
2 Dec '20

the falcons are still around, must be cold up there though.

keeping vertical social distance.

oakr
2 Dec '20

Nice! I must go up again.

I saw the Kestrel over the allotment the other day but it was chased away by the magpies again.

I’ve said it before but I’m so happy we have Peregrines, Kestrels, Owls, Kingfishers and many other stunning birds in and around SE23.

ThorNogson
2 Dec '20

A picture of SE23. spotted in a local garden.

ForestHull
3 Dec '20

For a moment I was going to move this to Crochet Appreciation, but you are right - this is a picture of SE23!

wmorgan1
3 Dec '20

Foresthelen posted (8) it on 19th July in crochet appreciation. :blush:

ThorNogson
3 Dec '20

I never opened crochet appreciation thread. My loss! :slightly_smiling_face:

MackemJo
4 Dec '20

Late afternoon sky

ForestHull
4 Dec '20

Beautiful, all of them. I love the first one with the sun setting behind the trees - very nicely framed.

Warren69
5 Dec '20

oakr
28 Dec '20

Taken at top of Duncombe Hill, didn’t make it to Blythe Hill which I suspect would have some better views, but nice none the less with the cloud / mist.

ForestHull
9 Jan '21

Bit misty this morning:

ForestHull
17 Jan '21

More of a picture from SE23 rather than a picture of SE23, but a lovely clear view from Blythe Hill Fields this morning:

clausy
21 Jan '21

Under the bridge.

Foresthillnick
22 Jan '21

Reminds me of London in the 80s

ForestHull
23 Jan '21

At Augustine’s Church - reminds me of somewhere warmer with its palm tree:

oakr
24 Jan '21

A crisp morning!

ForestHull
24 Jan '21

It’s snowing!

Dom_Mo
24 Jan '21

Bracing myself for the slew of snow pictures we’re going to get today.

Not complaining one bit mind you!

oakr
24 Jan '21

Starting to set a bit

ForestHull
24 Jan '21

ThorNogson
24 Jan '21

Scorpion
24 Jan '21

Sunrise in Forest Hill this morning (on my way to work)

The snowy view from Lewisham Hospital, mid morning

What a (lovely) contrast :blush:

Funnily enough, on this exact same date, in 2019, here is another photo taken from the edge of Shackleton Close (courtesy of photo reminders from my Amazon Photos account)

and just one more :heart_eyes:

(I so love the beautiful, awesome colours of the sunrises we are so fortunate to often see in Forest Hill - at different times of the year) :+1:

ForestHull
31 Jan '21

Ashberry Cottage, grade II listed and once home to Prince Henry, Duke of Clarence, and his longtime mistress who apparently had 10 children together.

There’s some info on the history here and here.

ThorNogson
31 Jan '21

New aqua park with water slide at Sydenham Wells Park.

oakr
31 Jan '21

Good to see they are turning the water features on early this year!

ForestHull
2 Feb '21

Rainbow over the city, from Blythe Hill Fields:

clausy
2 Feb '21

Evening walk

ForestHull
6 Feb '21

View from the Horniman bandstand this morning:

Londondrz
6 Feb '21

That is a nice photo, some great detail for the light conditions. What are you using?

ForestHull
6 Feb '21

OnePlus 8 Pro phone :grin:

Londondrz
6 Feb '21

Camera phones are superb these days. My poor old Lumix languishes in its box as I always use my phone.

applespider
6 Feb '21

The best camera is the one that you have with you when the perfect shot pops up.

I have a decent small system camera but only really take it with me when I going to try for pics of a particular subject where having long exposure/less noise/longer zoom might be useful.

clausy
6 Feb '21

Speaking of which, I’ve been walking around with an old 35mm film camera recently. Fairly pointless given how good phone cameras are but has some nice effects - this one came out a bit ‘soft focus’ as it was a bit dark in the underpass but I think it still works quite well.

Lara
7 Feb '21

RiverPool in full flow.

ForestHull
7 Feb '21

The newsagents in Perry Village looks to be smartening up it’s front, and currently gives a glimpse of its old shop sign ‘??n (Fullers) ltd’ - anyone remember its original name?

se23blue
7 Feb '21

A picture from the Big Breakfast referb on opposite side of road appears to have the same shop sign name.

ThorNogson
7 Feb '21

In the late 90s the same owner puzzlingly ran both shops, which appeared to me to stock exactly the same convenience store/ newsagent type things. They consolidated into one eventually.

JohnH1
8 Feb '21

It was just Fullers back in the 1950’s when I used to pass it every day on my way to Adamsrill School.

MackemJo
12 Feb '21

Sunrise this morning

oakr
12 Feb '21

Great photo @MackemJo

oakr
12 Feb '21

Ice from inside a water dispenser

MackemJo
12 Feb '21

Thanks @oakr; it was a hang out of the loft window with my phone job! Beautiful morning.

Clair
12 Feb '21

Amazing colours!! Superb photo!!

Moth
12 Feb '21

It almost inspires me to get up early for a peek ! But it’s warmer under my duvet.

Moth
12 Feb '21

OakR how about having a go at an ice sculpture?

oakr
13 Feb '21

Lol I have all the art ability of a newborn! And that’s an insult to newborns!

However we could maybe have invited people to the allotment to put their sculptures there as they would have stayed up a while it was freezing! The way in:

ForestHull
13 Feb '21

I don’t know why but I always feel compelled to take pictures of the city whenever I see it in the distance!

Here’s one from the top of Sydenham Hill on this cold but clear morning:

ForestHull
14 Feb '21

Down on Brockley Rise, next door to Le Querce:

se23blue
14 Feb '21

That is the other half of Le Querce.

Clair
17 Feb '21

Woke up this morning looked outside saw what I thought was a yellow tail parrot kind of bird cleaning his wing. Thought oh no! Poor thing. Took a photo, zoomed in just to realise it was a bag bird stuck in the tree.
However relieved to know it wasn’t a lost bird!
Rubbish wildlife of Forest Hill. :relaxed:

oakr
17 Feb '21

Bit gloomy on looking out from Blythe Hill in the rain this afternoon, still a great view of London

oakr
23 Feb '21

A bit nicer today, some absolutely beautiful end of day light in the trees just now (not sure how well it will come across on the photo).

MackemJo
25 Feb '21

Another lovely sunset today

ForestHull
25 Feb '21

Oooh - that’s lovely.

ForestHull
27 Feb '21

Daffodils surviving on Duncombe Hill Green:

Annie
27 Feb '21

Sunrise taken from the station platform a couple of weeks ago and what appears to be a barn owl in flight. Taken by my son on his way to work.

oakr
27 Feb '21

Beautiful image.

ForestHull
13 Mar '21

Christ Church Chapel, South Road, from earlier today:

AndyS
14 Mar '21

Spring is coming.

Scorpion
14 Mar '21

Spring is definitely here :+1:
Outside flora

and inside

ForestHull
4 Apr '21

Horniman’s sunken garden looking lovely today:

ForestHull
5 Apr '21

And today it’s snowing!! :slight_smile:

wmorgan1
5 Apr '21

Ice on our window ledge in February

Moth
5 Apr '21

The second photo looks like an ice sculpture of a dog!!

oakr
16 Apr '21

Bit frosty this morning!

ForestHull
17 Apr '21

Sunny today at Honor Oak Park:

Warren69
21 Apr '21

Towards one tree hill

Charlotte_E
21 Apr '21

ForestHull
27 Apr '21

Blythe Hill Fields looking like Tellytubby land:

The picture is actually from the weekend, but it’s similarly clear this morning with great views as ever.

MackemJo
4 May '21

A foreboding sky, 8.30pm this evening

Clair
4 May '21

As we are looking at skies SE23 here’s a pic from just over a week ago

looks like a soft fluffy blanket to me, but it’s not.

MackemJo
4 May '21

@Clair that’s exactly what it looks like!

Watershed
5 May '21

The sky was a bit impressive with the rain etc last night but only had my 5+ year old iphone.
Still they say the best camera is the one you have on you.
Taken from Grange Lane allotments so not strictly SE23 or even of it but whatever, sue me!

oakr
5 May '21

Lovely photos @MackemJo @Clair and @Watershed! Clouds can look amazing at times.

oakr
6 May '21

Never noticed this Wisteria on the side of St Hilda’s church before - it’s beautiful.

ForestHull
9 May '21

Looks like it’s going to be a beautiful clear day today, leave your coats at home!

Here’s Fred’s old conservatory catching the sun:

ForestHull
15 May '21

Also a lovely Wisteria up on Horniman Drive, though my camera doesn’t really do it justice (there’s been a film crew there is anyone is wondering what the lighting rig on the right is - it’s not mine :smiley:)

PV
16 May '21

Has anyone else met the very tame fox that hangs out around Ballina St?

oakr
16 May '21

I’ve got a video of him on Garthorne I think - will try and upload it later. He’d been trying to get into a skip (which was covered) and then started walking straight towards me before stopping.

Clair
16 May '21

No but love you captured his reflection in the puddle.

MackemJo
19 May '21

:rainbow:

Lara
25 May '21

Rural Sussex or Honor Oak Railway Embankment? Who else loves the green view all the way up the hill from the station platform of grassland and woodland?

oakr
25 May '21

The road to the allotment was flooded last week which made for a nice reflection

AndyS
25 May '21

The International Space Station (ISS) above Christchurch, a few minutes ago.

AndyS
25 May '21

ThorNogson
12 Jun '21

The clock in the tower of Christ Church also functions as an opening window.

ForestHull
12 Jun '21

I noticed that the other day too - pretty cool design I think.

ThorNogson
12 Jun '21

Yes it’s a 4 bedroom apartment over several floors. Includes stained glass windows, great views over London and a big bell. There’s a video tour on the Foxtons website for those interested, curious or just plain nosy. A cool £1.5m.

ForestHull
27 Jun '21

The Sound Garden at the Horniman, with the new planting in front of it:

Also the bandstand never gets old:

And finally the wishing tree:

More info on the wishing tree here: Festival of Hope Wishing Tree - Horniman Museum and Gardens

ForestHull
8 Jul '21

Lovely sky tonight.

Fran_487
9 Jul '21

Took this tonight after a gorgeous hour soaking up the views in one of the Horniman deck chairs. I don’t think I’ll ever get over the view from here, and the flowers are looking stunning.

onlineguy
14 Jul '21

Lovely to see so much blue sky again – Blythe Hill Fields at 7:00 this morning

oakr
11 Aug '21

oakr
15 Aug '21

Summer

ForestHull
21 Aug '21

The moon & sky from Blythe Hill Fields tonight:

ChrisR
22 Aug '21

Although it’s just outside of SE23 there’s a lovely row of sunflowers in bloom against a wall close to the new building at St Dunstan’s College at the Catford end of Stansted Rd (best viewed when travelling towards Forest Hill as long as there are no lorries or buses waiting at the traffic lights on the Catford bound side!)

Clair
30 Aug '21

My mum sent me these pictures she came across earlier of Forest Hill Station 1944.
WOW!

Michael
31 Aug '21

You can hear some of the story around the bombing of the station from an eye-witness and first responder from a history talk hosted by the Forest Hill Society from the recollections of Pip Wedge. The start of the transcript is below:

“My father, my uncle and I, were standing out in our garden watching doodlebug’s V1 bombs coming over there were several direct lines that they followed coming out of wherever it was below normal we would watch the doodlebugs coming straight overhead and we’d pray they keep going and somebody else would get it but there was this one particular one that stopped just before it got to us we had no idea where it was going to land sometimes they came straight down sometimes they did a complete circle and before dropping, this one landed on Forest Hill Station. It landed where the subway was. Unfortunately it was a Sunday and the Forest Hill Station central platform, which you saw just now, the central platform was only used on a Sunday. There was a fast train that went from London Bridge to East Croydon and stopped in Forest Hill on the way and, unfortunately, on that platform were some people where normally there would have been nobody. As a result I think three people were killed and ten were severely injured.”

More in the video on the website.

ForestHull
8 Sep '21

Sunrise this morning:

Suze
8 Sep '21

Blythe hill was looking very misty and beautiful this morning

ForestHull
12 Sep '21

Bit of an odd one, but an incredible fungus growing outside St George’s C of E primary:

onlineguy
12 Sep '21

Terrific day out at the Festival in the Forest in Devonshire Road Nature Reserve. Good food, good beer, great company and terrific music. Not only that, but just a 10-minute walk home :slightly_smiling_face: Well done to all concerned. Here’s to next year…

applespider
12 Sep '21

Took this one a few weeks ago

ThorNogson
13 Sep '21

Pumpkin arch at the Horniman.

oakr
13 Sep '21

I’ve been wanting to do one of these for a couple of years, will have to go and have a look before the weather turns.

starman
13 Sep '21

That looks potentially dangerous. I’d like to see the health and safety assessment on that.

ForestHull
18 Sep '21

Goat guarding one of the entrances on Havelock Walk:

Suze
6 Oct '21

Dormer on Lowther Hill has its own Heron this morning…

oakr
9 Oct '21

Bit foggy this morning

ForestHull
9 Oct '21

So I found out why the trains are suspended every weekend (:wink:) - it’s because this one poor guy has to fix up all the track. Here he is pushing his trolley of tools towards Sydenham:

Michael
9 Oct '21

That’ll be the ‘upgraded’ Victoria loop line.

clausy
10 Oct '21

They’re trialling a new ‘Active Travel’ pilot scheme, obviously. Strava will be adding a new ‘Trolley’ category and the Forest Hill to Sydenham section will undoubtedly become one of the most hotly contested segments very soon.

ForestHull
13 Oct '21

Shepherd’s warning this morning:

NewtoSE
13 Oct '21
  • 15 tracks
  • 1 engineer
    and of course…
  • 0 trains

A very accurate representation of West Lewisham transport!

How about southern/overground are challenged into paying for 20 engineers who do the job in 1 hour. Rather than 1 engineer who does the job in 20 hours thereby leaving 10,000’s of people stranded for the weekend!

ThorNogson
13 Oct '21

It can be done.

BlueBell
18 Oct '21

Beautiful pink glow this morning

tonyf
18 Oct '21

The trees have ben trimmed, the guys told me that this is a Chicken Bracket fungus, and is /was edible. Apparently fried with garlic it tastes superb.

AndyS
22 Oct '21

Rob
23 Oct '21

ForestHull
23 Oct '21

Oooh nice, a bit spooky too :jack_o_lantern::jack_o_lantern::jack_o_lantern:

Lhurl2020
30 Oct '21

Lovely to see the snow. The climate now being what it is, it is sadly a much rarer sight.

AndyS
5 Nov '21

I’m quite traditional in my tastes but I think this is marvellous!

GillB
5 Nov '21

Makes a real difference doesn’t it!

ForestHull
7 Nov '21

So this may actually be just outside SE23 in Camberwell Old Cemetery, but the sun is shining on Mr Horniman’s grave this morning:

Michael
7 Nov '21

Here’s how it looked before the bronze was stolen

jonfrewin
8 Nov '21

Depressing that the bronze was stolen - how long ago was that?

Michael
8 Nov '21

At least before 2013.

ForestHull
29 Nov '21

Blythe Hill Fields looking wintery and fresh this morning:

ChrisR
29 Nov '21

I imagine it feels pretty fresh too! :rofl:

ForestHull
29 Nov '21

Yep - and possibly too cold also for the bongo drumming person that normally sits at the junction as was missed today too!

oakr
29 Nov '21

AndyS
29 Nov '21

Getting ready for St Andrew’s Day tomorrow :scotland: .

Scorpion
11 Dec '21

The beautiful Forest Hill Christmas Tree, yesterday

and the gorgeous sunrise sky from the hill on the FH/Sydenham border this morning

MackemJo
11 Dec '21

Our friendly neighbourhood heron is back!

JohnH1
13 Dec '21

Not too friendly if you’ve got a fishpond I imagine!

oakr
19 Dec '21

Blythe Hill in this morning

Suze
22 Dec '21

Good sunrise this morning…

Anotherjohn
22 Dec '21

Forest Hill’s other One Tree Hill

Stunning!

ThorNogson
1 Jan '22

Blythe Hill, shortly before midnight

oakr
1 Jan '22

Love this!

Here is an after, also from Blythe Hill must take tripod next time …)

Scorpion
9 Jan '22

All taken today within SE23 under blue skies and sunshine - glorious! :raised_hands:

ThorNogson
13 Jan '22

At Horniman in the sunshine yesterday

onlineguy
14 Jan '22

This morning there were warnings about high pollution levels today in central London, thanks to the prolonged high pressure and still air. Took this photo from Blythe Hill Fields and you can see the heavy smog sitting over the City and Docklands :grimacing:

ForestHull
14 Jan '22

Great picture - you can really see the problem there. If it was like that every day, I think we’d see a greater change in behaviours and priorities to tackle it.

AndyS
24 Jan '22

Saturn, taken several years ago.

ForestHull
25 Feb '22

Christ Church on South Road, viewed from Manor Mount:

clausy
12 Apr '22

Stay edgy SE23…

system
25 Apr '22