Share your pictures of SE23

The SE23.life Instagram account is live and we would love to share some of your favourite pictures of the area (taken by yourself).

Please make sure you own the rights to the picture or at least have permission to use it.

Personal introductions

From a few years back a very wintry One Tree Hill and Honor Oak

Lovely pictures there @squashst Thank you for sharing .
I have posted one for now, just trying to find our feet a bit so apologies for the vagueness.
But congratulations on being the first person to have an image posted on https://www.instagram.com/se23.life/

The flood of 2016

And the opening day of the Overground - no expense spared at Penge West station!

How about the view from Forest Hill station at a time of day I’d rather not remember :wink:

Sunset over One Tree Hill - from the Honor Oak side

How about this local landmark?

It is outside the new aveda / geddes place on London Road

There’s this - from Devonshire Road Nature Reserve - maybe for another day

And another local favourite (for another day again…) taken outside the entry to Mayow Park from the Silverdale side ( so RIGHT on the boundary of SE23 )

p.s. this bench too is now, sadly, only a memory as it was removed shortly thereafter

doesn’t look THAT much like SE23 down below though :wink:

Whilst I love any great picture, and we could share our favourites, I’d just like to refer you to the intention of the thread which was to collect some great photos of the area (i.e SE23) that might be shared via the SE23.LIFE instagram account in order to give a flavour of the area.

I’m not sure we want to disappoint visitors looking for the local fishing trawlers :wink:

Indeed @thirstforwine that is the intention for the Instagram account, but no harm in people sharing a few cheeky favourites of what are clearly not taken in SE23. Everyone can join in that way, as some are unlikely to have images of the local area.

I’m sure the balance can be found, and if necessary the thread split to differentiate between over all favourite pictures taken, and those of the local area. As ever, trial and error with plenty of room for adjustment. Just finding the interests of the community :slight_smile:

Double rainbow encompassing the streets of Perry Vale :rainbow:

We get some cracking rainbows at this end of SE23 - I’m on Mayow Road, near where that pic was taken. If we get a bit of sun after the rain late afternoon, we’re almost guaranteed a rainbow in that direction.

I got a few that day, it was amazing, not sure id ever seen a double rainbow before.:slight_smile:

The beautifully refurbished Sydenham Girls School, Dartmouth Road - i think it looks magnificent …

Sydenham Girls School

8 posts were split to a new topic: Sydenham Girls School makeover