Archived on 6/5/2022

Singaporean Street Food Pop Up on Fridays and Saturdays

TwoSpoons
6 May '17

Lion City Kitchen will be serving its Singaporean street food delights at Two Spoons in Honor Oak Park from 28 April. Diners will feast on both Singaporean classics and creative, modern twists on street food on Friday and Saturday evenings.

Following a successful residency at the Rose and Crown in Kentish Town, Lion City Kitchen will be cooking up a storm every Friday and Saturday evening in Two Spoons in Honor Oak Park, SE23, until mid July. Featuring a sharing plates menu, diners are invited to sample an array of both classic and modern twists on Singaporean cuisine.

Popular menu items like Lion City Kitchen’s signature sambal honey wings and rendang tacos will feature alongside good old Singaporean hawker classics. One such classic crowd pleaser is Bak Chor Noodles, flat egg noodles coated in a homemade sambal-vinegar sauce with pork mince, wontons and shiitake mushrooms. Delve into the real flavours of Singapore with grilled sambal butter prawns and onde-onde, a dessert of rice flour dumplings with an oozing palm sugar centre.

Singaporean hawker centres and memories of childhood flavours are the primary inspiration behind Lion City Kitchen’s flavours. Lion City Kitchen was created after years of homesickness and a desire to bring the flavours of the Lion City to the masses of London.

Lion City Kitchen Friday and Saturday Pop Up at Two Spoons

When: Every Friday and Saturday from 28 April to 15 July 2017

Where: Two Spoons, 72 Honor Oak Park, Greater London SE23 1DY

Bookings: email hello@twospoons-cafebar.co.uk or call 020 8699 8998

http://www.lioncitykitchen.com

Twitter: @lioncitykitchen
Facebook: Lion City Kitchen

anon5422159
6 May '17

Thanks for supporting SE23.life, @TwoSpoons :thumbsup:

starman
6 May '17

Will you do takeaway?

Londondrz
6 May '17

I would love a takeaway but they may not go the extra 126 miles for me :frowning:

FowlMouths
6 May '17

This sounds AMAZING!

FaeryCatmother
7 May '17

If you do kang kung belacan and roti canai, I’ll be there for 3 meals a day!

Foresthillnick
7 May '17

The menu looks interesting - I’m down for the Tacos

FaeryCatmother
7 May '17

Thanks Nick!

I’m down for the carrot cake and gado gado. Seriously though @TwoSpoons, if you do a veggie char kway teoq, I’ll not only eat there three times a day but may well move in.

starman
7 May '17

Takeaway option?

TwoSpoons
7 May '17

Yes take away will be available :slight_smile:

Luca Cordiglieri

Email:straightupluca@mac.com
Mobile: +44 7710 151 651

Foresthillnick
7 May '17

Booked for tonight! May have to eat the whole menu…

Foresthillnick
8 May '17

Well we did almost eat the entire menu!
Lovely place, really nice staff, good beer (Kernel Pale) and the food was excellent. Particularly enjoyed the wings and the tacos.
Price was reasonable too.

anon5422159
15 May '17

Tasty chicken wings - the sambal honey sauce is lovely :thumbsup:

Tacos (delicious):

The evening ambiance (music, candle lighting etc) at Two Spoons are a winning formula for Honor Oak high street, and the food pop-ups are the icing on the cake. The place was popular and buzzy and I’ll definitely be back.