Archived on 6/5/2022

Smart water

SE23.life
14 Jul '16

Who’s had a PCSO call round with Smart Water so far?

anon5422159
2 Aug '16

I got a note to say the Met Trace team knocked but I was out on that day. I emailed them back but haven’t had a reply yet (been a couple of weeks now).

Anyone else had any luck getting in touch with them after a missed visit?

/CC @ForestHillSNT

anon5422159
13 Aug '16

PCSO Henry Groves just popped in to deliver our SmartWater and explain how it works. Really nice chap.

Pleased to get the MetTrace stickers up on the front and back windows - apparently a very good deterrent against burglary.

ForestHillSNT
17 Aug '16

and a 100% conviction rate! A bit of kit worth its weight in gold!!

anon64893700
17 Aug '16

Indeed it is.

CHfigaro
17 Aug '16

What exactly is it? The website is full of waffle and I couldn’t figure it out within 60 seconds so gave up!

Andy
17 Aug '16

SmartWater consists of a liquid containing a code, whose presence can be seen under ultraviolet light. It is intended to be applied to valuable items, so that if they are stolen and later seized by police, their original owner can be determined after laboratory testing of a sample

If you only have 60 seconds, maybe next time you can try google if you don’t find the answer within the first 30 seconds.

anon5422159
18 Aug '16

In an unrelated note, @andy and @appletree have practically indistinguishable letter avatars. Time for profile photos you guys! :grin:

anon64893700
18 Aug '16

Lol, 10/10 for effort. :joy: :joy: :joy:
Took me all of about 20 seconds to find this page on their website.

http://www.smartwater.com/products

Andy
18 Aug '16

How about now?

anon5422159
18 Aug '16

Haha! Looks very classy, @Andy. :relieved:

DevonishForester
5 Jan '17

What exactly does this mean?
Does this mean that everyone who has been burgled who signed up to Smartwater has had their burglar caught and prosecuted?

Londondrz
5 Jan '17

It means anyone caught with items marked with SmartWatch have been convicted. Whether this is for theft or handling stolen goods is immaterial to me. They got done.

AndyS
5 Jan '17

Oh, cripes! Is that what it’s for??? I drank mine and my IQ went up to 146!

Pauline
5 Jan '17

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

That comment just made me crack up, so couldn’t resist posting this on twitterland :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: