Archived on 6/5/2022

Something new coming to Crafty Beer?

starman
12 Jul '18

This week I see that all the internal fixtures and fittings have gone from Crafty Beer and fresh white paint has been applied.

Any rumours on a possible new tenant?

LeeHC
12 Jul '18

Was the row of slightly dilapidated pictures of London scenes lined up across the road from there last night/ this morning related to the clear out I wonder?

starman
12 Jul '18

LOL… They’ve been there at least a couple of days. Last night it looked as if there were a few takers. Were then in Crafty Beer?

LeeHC
12 Jul '18

No idea! Only spotted them yesterday so putting 2+2 together (possibly making 5 who knows?).

westy1980
12 Jul '18

I took a sneaky peek when the shutters were up. Looked like a barbers chair in there, plus white tiles on the floor. Does this mean that road would have the highest concentration of hair dressers in the world?

ametzelaar
12 Jul '18

I saw a load of upright hair dryers in there the other day…yawn…

Anotherjohn
12 Jul '18

No surprise to me.

Whenever I’ve a shop to let over the past 10 years there have been a ridiculous amount of enquiries from hairdressers and beauticians.

So much for all the hopes of turning that area into a cosy little cafe quarter.

starman
12 Jul '18

How they hell to they afford it and how the hell can an area support so many?

anon5422159
12 Jul '18

Not to cast aspersions on the legit hairdressers in SE23, but hairdressers in general are known as a good front business for money laundering because they generate most of their income without inventory and do most of their business in cash. Ditto betting shops.

anon10646030
12 Jul '18

oh, that reminds me I need a hair cut :slight_smile:

Londondrz
12 Jul '18

Hair is a growing business :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

LeeHC
12 Jul '18

Feels like a shame if it is another hairdressers!
In my fantasy world Clapton Craft open a craft beer tap room- maybe with pizza supplied by Piazza Della Cucina…

Anotherjohn
12 Jul '18

That reminds me - don’t laugh though will you…

Back in the 80s I traded as a hairdressers from one of my shops on Dartmouth Road. It was a nice, ‘legit’ business with my wife on reception and my brother was living in the flat upstairs - it was a cosy little set-up. It had a basement, which had been used by the previous occupier as a treatment room, so I thought I’d rent it out. Soon afterwards, my wife would have guys coming in for their 2-o-clock appointments or whatever but after checking in the appointments book and asking the stylists it would transpire that they weren’t actually booked in with with us - it was downstairs. So off they’d trot. Turned out is was a brothel! (No problems with the rent though!!)

ametzelaar
12 Jul '18

I dream of a Tap Room…

starman
12 Jul '18

It’s not Perry Vale but it’s nearby.

JonF
12 Jul '18

Think one of the nearest ones as it stands to FH (as Ignition isn’t up and running yet) is Southey Brewery in Penge: https://southeybrewing.co.uk/

Worth popping into the Alex for a few round the corner also if want a larger range or cocktails. Not cheapest but Great pub, great food with lots of events on.

Foresthillnick
12 Jul '18

Brockley Brewery have a decent tap room…

ametzelaar
12 Jul '18

I guess I’d like something in FH replacing an empty shop. Brockley Brewery is lovely and and really looking forward to Ignition Beer opening.

Foresthillnick
13 Jul '18

That would be great. Something like the closed beer rebellion in sydenham would be top.

starman
16 Jul '18

Introducing Perry Vale’s 5th beauty and hair shoppe.

Pea
16 Jul '18

Weird though as the sign still says ‘To let’. Wonder if it’s a temp filler?

LeeHC
17 Jul '18

Umm. What are ‘Locs’?!

starman
17 Jul '18

I am advised they are dreadlocks. I may be corrected.

anon5422159
20 Jul '18

:warning: Post(s) from this topic were temporarily removed as they may have broken our community guidelines

SE23.life aims for transparent moderation. Members are able to view the conversation around this intervention by opting in here.

starman
20 Jul '18

On the plus side, the stark black and white interior is already an improvement on other hair & beauty offers on Perry Vale. I still would’ve preferred a green grocer, or a decent bakery.

Bolgerp
20 Jul '18

I am loving the interior… only saw it yesterday evening on the way home from work…

westy1980
20 Jul '18

I think the interior looks great. Would have liked to see something other than another hair dresser along this road, but if it has to be a hair dresser, this one looks pretty nice.

MissP
3 Aug '18

I for one look forward to having a decent hairdressers where I can get my hair done. I speak only for myself and not for other black women but finding a good hairdressers, particularly for natural hair, isn’t easy.

I’ll be making an appointment ASAP!