Archived on 6/5/2022

SORTED! - WANTED - electric kettle

Gillipops
9 Aug '17

OK - I promise this is the last thing I’ll ask help for today! Does anyone have a spare kettle they no longer want? It’s just been one of those weeks (they say these things come in 3’s) - my car broke down and needed towing, my PC monitor pfizzled out and my kettle blew up and fused the kitchen electrics in the process.

Someone kindly gave me their spare kettle, nearly new, but did say it had ‘played up’ from the start. It’s such a pretty little Breville - but unfortunately, as soon as you switch it on, it switches itself off again. Electrics shop say there are no spares and not worth fixing. Heartbroken to have to throw away something so cute and nearly new. Breville say it’s out of warranty.

Soooo… I’m boiling pans of water on the cooker for now. Have now got car fixed, a new monitor (thank you Ed) …and if anyone has an old electric kettle going spare, that’ll make it 3 out of 3 sorted!!!

Wynell
9 Aug '17

Tesco do a kettle for £11.00 or Wilko for 12 both with 1 year warranty save getting a second hand one that may not work for long?

Chiccaroline
10 Aug '17

HI,

I’ve got one as I use a hob kettle now so the electric one is going spare.

anon5422159
11 Aug '17