Archived on 6/5/2022

Southern Rail Christmas Services 2020

ForestHull
8 Dec '20

maxrocks
8 Dec '20

Does this mean we’ll have a train service on Boxing day?
If so that’ll be amazing because as every year I’ll have to work and we usually have no trains :pray:

Swagger
8 Dec '20

Urgh. I’ll do anything to avoid driving down to Chichester (a Southern route) this Christmas. Is the Thameslink service to Brighton affected?

oakr
8 Dec '20

Would be odd, I didn’t think there were ever any trains anywhere on boxing day, I wonder if it’s a mistake.

ChrisR
8 Dec '20

There are no Southern services serving Forest Hill on Boxing Day but according to TFL’s website London Overground will be operating a special service between West Croydon and Dalston Junction every 15 minutes from around 0900 to around 2200.

From Forest Hill northbound there will be trains at 02, 17, 32 and 47 minutes past each hour. The first train is at 0902. The tube is running from around 7am on most lines.The last train to Forest Hill will leave Canada Water at 2152.

For information on TFL services around the Christmas/New Year period see:

ChrisR
8 Dec '20

The only Southern services operating on Boxing Day are to/from Victoria as below:

Flora_Noris
9 Dec '20

Yup, there will definitely be a Boxing Day service on London Overground. Drivers have been asked to volunteer for it. 3 times the amount of drivers have volunteered than are required so shouldn’t be any service issues that day! :smiley:

maxrocks
9 Dec '20

Wonderful news! as historically we haven’t had any service on Boxing day so I used to get driven in (I often start at 8am on Boxing day) which isn’t an option this year with Congestion charge running 365 days a year.
I now have to explain to my manager that my 1st train is at 9am and I’ll be sorted!