Archived on 6/5/2022

Specsaver Catford problems

daz
28 Nov '20

Yesterday I had to ask for my money back a month after paying for new varifocals. I think the problem started because I was given a 5,10 pm appointment and the tests and measurements were
done in a rush. At home I found that the glasses I were given could only focus on typeface about two thirds down the lens. The bottom quarter blurred everything. They also slid down my nose. I got more tests done by them, this time done with more care. When I returned for the corrected glasses it became apparent after 20 minutes nothing had been done since my visit 10 days earlier. On complaining I was told it was my fault as I had been told they would be ready that afternoon which was untrue.
I have now restarted the process with the London Eye Care Centre next to Sainsburys…
Has anyone used them? Reassurance would be welcome!

robin.orton
28 Nov '20

I had issues with Specsavers, which I was able to resolve by putting a message on a ‘got any problems?’ page on their website. This seemed to go direct to the Specsavers head office. The local branch got back to me very quickly and offered me an appointment with the boss. This got things sorted.

daz
28 Nov '20

I decided to give up on them. They failed when I collected the glasses; when i said I had trouble reading it was brushed off. They failed when they forgot to make the new glasses and the childish excuse for the glasses not being ready.
I sent a message to the Specsavers website like you but only to encourage a sort out at their Catford store.

maxrocks
28 Nov '20

I wouldn’t bother with Specsavers they are really dreadful.
I think you’ll be in much better hands with an independent local optician rather than a big couldn’t care less chain like Specsavers.

bigmacca1
28 Nov '20

Have used LEC /Kassford for some years and all ways very happy with the service and thorough eye tests. Any new glasses i have been prescribed have all been A1.
I learnt my lesson with these big company’s not giving a tosh and just taking your money and not much backup when many moons ago my first ever pair of any glasses from Vision express in Lewisham managed to put the very different strength lenses the wrong way around??

daz
29 Nov '20

Thank you for the recommendation for the LEC.

robin.orton
29 Nov '20

I and my family have used them since the 80s, when they were Marrat & Ellis. Always completely satisfied.