Archived on 6/5/2022

Speed camera on Brockley Rise near Whites Paint Shop now working

oakr
10 Jun '19

It would appear from the near constant disco lights in any room at the front of our house that someone has replaced the bulbs for the flash in the speed camera, or has remembered where the on button is, and that lots of people don’t do 20mph on this stretch.

Not sure if it’s just the flash working now but it’s certainly going and only started a few days ago.

Dave
10 Jun '19

Is it triggered at 20 or 30mph?

oakr
10 Jun '19

I’m guessing a little bit over 20mph, that’s the limit on the road and it goes off so often, and I suspect a lot of cars are not doing over 30mph as their is a crossing and the way some cars park you almost have to slow down. A lot of cars are turning off the South Circular where it’s 30mph as well. I’d personally have preferred if they had put it nearer Dalmain School, or actually facing the other way as the 3 crashes near us have all involved cars or bikes coming too fast towards the South Circular around the bend neat the paint shop, not the other way around.

Foresthillnick
11 Jun '19

Yeah I went the other way past it on the weekend and it went off about 4 cars in a row.
A drive to my plot could prove expensive!

AmandaSE23
11 Jun '19

About time I say. As someone who lives on Brockley rise, I have heard the most ridiculous speeds going on in the early hours of the morning which I consider really dangerous, especially bikes.

Seany_Snaps
16 Jun '19

Sorry about the flashing. That’s down to me. I am currently trying to get Lewisham council to do something, before someone is killed. Spent half an hour on the phone to Tfl a couple of weeks ago convincing them they do actually have a camera there. It is defiantly fixed and working now. Motorists need to learn they will not be getting away with speeding down Brockley Road for much longer. Expect more coming soon.