Archived on 6/5/2022

Spring plant sales

TimLund
3 May '17

I’m aware of spring fairs coming up for local groups for each of the next three weekends, where plants will be on sale. They are often a way local gardeners get rid of surplus seedlings and cuttings and support a cause they believe in, and for those without the time, inclination or greenhouses, a chance to pick up plants cheaper than they might from a garden centre.

Anyway - here’s my current listing, but please anyone else add to it

• Saturday May 6th, 11 - 3 pm, Sydenham Garden Spring Fair, Wynell Road, SE23

• Saturday May 13th, 11 - 2 pm, Forest Hill and Sydenham CND Spring Plant Fair, Venner Road Hall, Venner Road, SE26

• Sunday May 21st, 11- 3 pm, Kent House Leisure Gardens Open Day, 91/93 Kent House Road, SE26

Michael
3 May '17

Forest Hill Society - Edible High Road - Plant Give Away
Saturday 6th May from 2pm - Forest Hill Station

The Forest Hill Society will be giving away plants to anybody who wants to grow some vegetables or herbs.

Further details at

anon5422159
6 May '17

Reminder: :point_up_2: this is today

starman
6 May '17

By the look of the crowd at FOH you better get there quick.

LiseOfFH
6 May '17

Is this outside forest hill station? 14:30 and it’s dead and no-one here at all?

anon5422159
6 May '17

Incredibly, I think you were too late!

TimLund
8 May '17

Just bumped this fair coming up this Saturday

ThorNogson
21 May '17

Reminder that Kent House Leisure Gardens has its open day today , 11 till 3. Plants for sale, plus usually local honey, burgers, books, bric a brac, cakes plus a chance to look around this large allotment site.

system
20 Jul '17

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.