Stabbing outside Sylvan Post on Dartmouth Road

Awful news. I hope the victim pulls through.

2 Likes

Heartbreaking. Hope they pull through.

1 Like

Terrible news. I was on a 197 coming back from Penge when the driver announced that he wasn’t going down Dartmouth Road.

Let’s hope the kid pulls through.

1 Like

Dreadful news, as the parent of a sixteen year old boy I obviously immediately feel for both the victim and his poor family. Everything crossed for the lad.

1 Like

It’s really awful, I heard all the commotion and screaming so went to see what was happening, couple of neighbours actually saw it happen and gave statements to the police.
From what I gather it was a FH School boy that got stabbed by someone that they probably knew as he wasn’t scared to go ahead and argue with the person that stabbed him and was arguing on his phone just before it happened.
The boy that was stabbed pulled the knife out of himself so the police will have that now as evidence with the fingerprints of the person that done the stabbing aswell as the victims, plus the CCTV from the job centre.
They are all said to be around 14-16yrs old.
Hope the lad pulls through, very sad.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Ghastly

Is all of DR still closed?

Good news - now we just need to know that the other kid’s alright.

1 Like

Yes still closed

Yes, up to Hair Lounge.

Forensics seemed to have arrived now as someone covered in blue overalls are going over the area outside the job centre where it happened.

My next door neighbour’s daughter goes to Sydenham School. Pupils were kept in the school as a safety precaution and parents were asked to collect their children.

2 Likes
1 Like

Press have just knocked on my door after seeing my comments on this thread. so they will be watching for updates.

There were loads of Sydenham Girls around when it happened, guess they must have kept the kids back that were doing after School activities.

1 Like

Hopefully will be updated with more information.

1 Like

From what I have been told apparently the police know who done it but he has not been arrested yet, but don’t know for certain.

2 Likes

Hope the boy pulls through.

Let’s avoid speculation here, particularly as press already around. At some point, this will hopefully go to trial and probably better that not too many details are here.

9 Likes

What I forgot to add is that the perpetrator may not be from SE23 as witnesses saw a car pull up and 2 teenage males got out before this happened including the male that stabbed the victim.

1 Like