Archived on 6/5/2022

Stagecoach new bus depot Kangley Bridge Road

ThorNogson
9 Mar '18

Just over the SE23 border in the badlands of SE26, but noticed that a new bus depot is being built in Kangley Bridge Road, same side of the road as the Bridge leisure centre. Anyone any idea of what buses will be based here, or likely impact on local roads? I haven’t managed to find much info online.

Foresthillnick
9 Mar '18

Are you sure it isn’t for coaches? I know Clarkes run a huge coach garage down at the end of the road…

RachaelDunlop
9 Mar '18

A quick google turned up this from a bus drivers’ / bus company workers forum. New depot for Stagecoach (scroll down to find mention of the new depot, past the nice photos of buses!).

ThorNogson
9 Mar '18

thanks for checking - that forum is the only thing I’ve been able to find online. checked Bromley planning site but couldn’t see anything there. There are big signs up at the site to encourage bus driver recruitment.

ThorNogson
9 Mar '18

yes - definitely for buses - they are advertising for bus drivers there- and as @RachaelDunlop has kindly provided the link, that bus driver forum seem to confirm it is Stagecoach - I could not see any indications of that at the building site.

RachaelDunlop
9 Mar '18

Odd there’s no other info. Planning departments? Is the depot in Lewisham rather than Bromley?

ThorNogson
9 Mar '18

no checked that too, but I believe it is just over the border in Bromley

RachaelDunlop
9 Mar '18

Well I hope someone has a useful answer as opposed to my ‘I don’t know, but Google says…’. I hate it when people do that, and now I’m one of those people. :anguished:

anon51837532
9 Mar '18

Clarkes of London - taken over by NX in Dec 2016. Their site is at SE26 5AT - and on same side as Leisure Centre.

Is that site being revamped by Stagecoach ?

LB Bromley confirm that they have no records of any application made for any sites on KBR. But their information is based on planning portal - so may be a case of computer says no.

ThorNogson
9 Mar '18

It’s separate by quite a distance from the big Clarkes depot at the end of Kangley, which appears to be operating as normal. This new site is next to the steel yard, nearly opposite Screwfix.
I suppose the two sites could be connected round the back of the steelyard. I’ll have another look next time i am passing.
just checked on Google maps- not near Clarkes depot and looks v unlikely to have a physical connection - the new bus depot site is opposite Lathams Skips.
see also job ad refers to new site at http://www.busdrivers.london/
In fact it is the site of the old Columbia Ribbon factory. http://www.acorncommercial.co.uk/files/b061e15f51c94058f6c7c8ff93f3f870.pdf

anon51837532
9 Mar '18

@ThorNogson - having missed your opportunity with the big yellow digger , perhaps when you go back to KBR you might get a shot on a big shiny red bus.

rbmartin
9 Mar '18

The 356 is moving down there, along with the 181 and 284 which are moving from Metrobus. Will be easier for drivers on the 181 and 356 to do driver changeovers at Sainsbury’s.