Archived on 6/5/2022

Stamps from Christmas card envelopes?

AndyS
14 Dec '16

Some years ago, there were charities that collected the stamps off of Christmas card envelopes. I believe they were bundled up into cheap bags for beginner stamp collectors around the world. (I remember getting one of those back when a first class stamp was about 3d!)

Does anyone still do this? Thanks!

RachaelDunlop
14 Dec '16

Did you try googling? I just did and found many charities collecting used stamps, although not specifically Christmas ones.

Londondrz
14 Dec '16

I reuse mine, Post Office can’t be arsed to postmark them then they are still usable. Scrooge! Me! Yep.

AndyS
14 Dec '16

Good idea about the googling. I must give it a try. Hopefully I’ll be able to find this Google website of which you speak. If only there were a web tool that helps you find other websites!!!

:joy:

But seriously, I thought I’d ask here first in case anyone knew of charities in FH that were collecting stamps. Not that I was meaning Christmas stamps specifically. It’s just that this is the only time of year I get stamps from the UK and abroad rather than bills and junk mail.

Also, I suspect the number of stamps I’ll collect would be worth less than the cost of a 2nd class stamp to post mine anywhere!

RachaelDunlop
14 Dec '16

Cheeky. I did wonder why you asked here - I don’t think you mentioned local in your OP.

AndyS
14 Dec '16

Correct. I didn’t. I assume people here have a certain level of mind-reading skills. :upside_down_face: