Archived on 6/5/2022

Sticky posts providing information

Andy
4 Oct '17

I think that the forum could benefit from posts with compiled information. The subject that I would like to see the most would be local food/drinks offers.

I appreciate that the paid for advertising posts are important, but I think that users would appreciate knowing which eateries or drinks establishments are offering what on which nights. It would also help to drive footfall and hopefully keep people spending money locally (RIP The Perry Vale).

Often I walk past a sign on the street or in a window on my way home from the station. The offer may be tempting for me, but I’ve generally already planned dinner (often a few hours earlier).

I appreciate that this is a forum for local conversation; but often relevant information is drown out by anecdotes and replies about someone’s last visit and what they ate or how long it took.

RachaelDunlop
4 Oct '17

An interesting idea. We’d have to work out how to keep it current, though, which would involve some admin.

Wynell
4 Oct '17

Some posts for offers of fruit, veg, old hi fi equipt etc have a delete after x time could this not be applied with a ‘message will self destruct in 5 days’ or 2 weeks ir an ebd date?

anon5422159
4 Oct '17

I like this idea. I’ve spoken to a lot of forum members who would like to see more curated local content on SE23.life. When I used to post roundups of local news, they were popular.

If someone was willing to post a curated “This week in SE23” topic each week, I would happily pin this to the top of the homepage for the whole week.

Some ideas:

• We can create a new category for these topics, possibly with a more eye-catching visual style
  • This new category can be configured to automatcially close topics after seven days.
  • Topics in this category can be made “wiki topics” so all trust-level-3 members are able to edit and improve them.
anon10646030
4 Oct '17

I like it plane and simple, latest posts on top and that’s that to be honest, fir me this is a place where I check what’s the “latest”. It’s not a website I go searching for categories etc, my bet hate is when supermarkets rearrange their shelf’s every 5 minutes and too many websites do the same so I hope you not ending up doing the same and keep it simple