Archived on 6/5/2022

Stolen bag of ceramics painted by 8 year olds

chaskoll
7 Apr '17

I realise this is a long shot but I thought it at least worth a try…

Last Friday afternoon when shopping in the big Sainsbury’s at Bell Green someone broke into my car and stole (among other things) a bag of ceramics from the boot.

There were 11 painted ceramics that my daughter and her friends had painted at her 8th birthday party a couple of weeks prior (I had just picked them up and was going to give them to her friends after school. To make matters worse it was her last day at Kilmorie as we’re moving down to Brighton over Easter).

The reason I’m posting this here is because I’m certain that when the thief realised the bag didn’t contain anything valuable they would have dumped it. We checked all the bins around Sainsbury’s - but have any of you seen a bag like the attached or found them?

AndyS
9 Apr '17

I’m sure you’ve already asked but is there any CCTV video of either the break-in or someone behaving suspiciously?

I’m astounded that this could happen in a car park like Sainsbury’s where there’s always people around.

Really sorry about the stolen ceramics. My daughter had a birthday party at a similar (the same?) place years ago. Great fun for all. Rotten bastard.