Archived on 6/5/2022

Stolen Bike

James1P
23 Jun '18

Hi all, had my cube road bike stolen from my garden in Como Road yesterday. God knows how they managed to get it out of the garden and over fence without being seen, but they did. If anyone spots it on the off chance please let me know, but there are clearly some cunning theives about so beware!

Howdo
24 Jun '18

Hi there. Sorry to hear. Gutting.

Keep checking Gumtree and eBay. Mine was stolen from our back garden in much the same way and it appeared on Gumtree a month later. Because it was classified by police as a domestic burglary it was taken more seriously than if it had been stolen off the street. I called 101, an officer went round verified the stamp number and I got it back. With a new wheel on it no less! :grinning:

James1P
24 Jun '18

Brilliant result and glad you got your bike back! I’m not overly fussed about the actual bike as it was getting on a bit but more annoyed about the brazen cheek of it and that someone has been into the garden. Good advice, and the police told me about bikeshd.co.uk which scrapes the likes of gumtree, eBay etc so will be keeping an eye out. Just baffles me how they got it out of the garden.

Sherwood
24 Jun '18

I suspect you are in a terrace, which would normally make your back garden very secure. They may have accessed your back garden through an adjoining property.

James1P
24 Jun '18

possible, although the fences looked undisturbed and there is a lot of new plant growth across them. Maybe there was two guys, one handing the bike to another. Lesson learned, I won’t be leaving anything of value outside again!