Archived on 6/5/2022

Stolen motorbike on Cranston road Honda pcx 2012 (white) reg OV12 XUG

Chrislondon
12 Sep '16

Hello I have had my motorbike stolen on the 5th of September on Cranston road
It was around 5 pm maybe even later
I have talked to near by neighbours but no one has seen anything suspicious.

I have seen the motorbike multiple times
Riding up the street just at the end of Cranston road where there is a motorbike dealer and have also spotted it in different areas. I have seen many youths on motorbike in an around the forest hill area.

Please could you look out for a Honda pcx white

Reg OV12 XUG however number plate could have been changed

Police haven’t been very helpful and are planning to close the case just after a few days even though I have reported seeingnthe bike more than twice

If you see anything ir have seen the bike fore or left abandoned please ring me asap
On 07563 883169
Thankyou everyone for your help

Kind regards

Christian

anon64893700
13 Sep '16

Sorry to hear that @Chrislondon I will indeed keep my eyes open for it.

Londondrz
13 Sep '16

Also gutted to hear about it. Speak to your local SNT team (police and PCSO) as they are far more proactive.

anon64893700
13 Sep '16

In fairness I get the impression the police close the case of a stolen bike, partially to help with insurance purposes. They have no specific resources to look for a single stolen bike, but the information remains on the PNC, so it is not forgotten.
Seems a little uninterested, but is more a necessary process.

DavidT
26 Sep '16

A friend of mine was visiting a couple of weeks ago and Parked his BMW 1200 Adventure outside my house. Even though we live on a very quiet cul de sac and he had various locks on, when we came out the next morning it was gone. The police told him it would be in the back of a van and probably already half way across Europe before we even noticed it was gone,

My motorbike was parked right beside his though and was untouched. The difference being that I also have alarm and immobilisers, but had also chained the bike to a lamppost at one end and had a chain on the other wheel as well. They are a bit of a pain to put on but well worth the extra effort.

So for any FH bikers, if you haven’t chained your bike up yet, do so asap as my chains are probably less than the excess