27 Feb '17
starman
27 Feb '17

Didn’t we have it yesterday?

anon5422159
27 Feb '17
Simon
27 Feb '17

Hail stones certainly rattle the library roof just now, I can not verify they belonged to Ewan however.

Londondrz
27 Feb '17

It hammered down in Croydon at about 10:15 this morning, it was like a monsoon. Then sunshine. Again just had the massive black cloud Chris has posted and hail, then sunshine.

I thought it was Ireland that said if you dont like the weather wait 10 minutes?

anon17648011
27 Feb '17

I’m still recovering from last Thursday’s gales which sadly brought the demise of the fences on either side of my back garden. On the same day that I had JUST finished sorting out the front garden. Nature has a cruel sense of timing.

RachaelDunlop
27 Feb '17

I was walking the dog at the time. I can confirm it was most monsoon-like. Still a bit damp, tbh.

Foresthillnick
27 Feb '17

I just rode up College Hill in that and now I can’t feel my legs!

starman
27 Feb '17

What did we have yesterday then. I couldn’t fix my fence panel for fear that I’d go all Wizard of Oz on SE London.

for clarification I’m claiming the Dorothy Gale role. We can debate who’d be Elphaba Storm

RachaelDunlop
27 Feb '17

Huh. I didn’t notice any stormy weather yesterday. Wet but not that windy. Maybe @starman lives in a microclimate.

starman
27 Feb '17

Given we live a few streets apart I must do. The wind was rustling everything including the neighbours scaffolding.

RachaelDunlop
27 Feb '17

That Evening Standard headline is very naughty. In the body of the article it says London isn’t expected be affected by the storm. Today’s rain and hail was just… weather.

Londondrz
27 Feb '17

TBF, it wasn’t very bad at all. 20 seconds of hail and the monsoon washed away the bird poo on my car.

Michael
27 Feb '17

Londondrz
28 Feb '17

Having lived in the Highveld in South Africa and experienced summer storms yesterday was good but nothing special. Having lived in Japan for 5 years and experienced a good number of typhoons yesterday was a bit “Meh” :slight_smile: