Archived on 6/5/2022

Strange request

Luke30
19 Dec '16

Hi all

Putting together a hamper for the parents in law.

It’s been a bad year for work related Christmas hampers - must be because of the b word so does anyone have any of the shaving filler stuff that hampers are filled with that they are going to throw away ?

Cheers

Luke

Scorpion
19 Dec '16

Hi Luke, I think I have a bag of white poly packing peanuts at home, if they are any good to you? I’ll have a look when I get home. Let me know anyway.
Regards
Sue

Luke30
19 Dec '16

Hi sue

I have found some of those also but thank you very much for the offer :). Luke

Scorpion
19 Dec '16

You are very welcome Luke. I am sure your hamper will look beautiful :smiley:
As an aside to my reply to you, general notice to anyone who reads this, I recycle/collect packaging stuff often as I sometimes sell unwanted personal items online at a well known site so, if you ever need air-filled packing pillows, crumpled paper, cardboard boxes (usually broken down) and (sometimes) shredded corrugated or paper materials) feel free to contact me to ask what I currently have hanging about, BEFORE I go to the recycle bins! (2-3 times a week) People have often, in the past, been very happy to add some of my “stuff” to their compost bin heap, to help the “mulching”? process. This included deeply shredded paper from my cross-shredder.
Anyway, I digress.

Seasons greetings and best wishes to you and yours :slight_smile:
Sue

Scorpion
19 Dec '16

Darn! I forgot to say, I often have padded envelopes (recycled) too - different sizes as well as different size broken down boxes etc. I love to recycle (and Lewisham Freecycle too) :smiley: