Archived on 6/5/2022

Stray/lost cat?

harrietrich
2 Jul '18

Hi everyone - a bit of a strange one. We’ve had a cat living in our front/back garden now for a week or so. He’s there every morning and evening and never seems to leave. You can see he’s had a collar on at some point but isn’t wearing one now. He has a couple of marks on his lip like he’s had a fight.
It might be nothing and he’s local but in this weather we wouldn’t want him to be homeless and he is looking very thin. If he’s your cat, please let us know so we can stop worrying about him.

We’re on Farren Road.

nicoladrng
2 Jul '18

Hope someone claims him.
Lovely for you to post c

honoracorn
3 Jul '18

Aw bless! I would contact the Celia Hammond Animal Home (local cat centre) as soon as you’re able and they’ll let you know if its been reported missing / what to do next. If his/her collar has gone then it could be that its owner cut the collar off, turned them out and moved away! But hopefully it’ll be microchipped. Definitely worrying if it’s looking thin :frowning: Glad you are keeping an eye out.x

GillB
4 Jul '18

On the Nextdoor website a woman has reported a large Maine coon ginger cat missing, but she lives in Elverston Road, Lewisham. I have messaged her just in case as they do look very similar.

harrietrich
4 Jul '18

He’s definitely not big enough to be a Maine Coon. But thanks for the suggestion.

GillB
4 Jul '18

That’s a shame, but do hope you find the owner soon. The owner of the Maine coon cat thanked me, but I think she was thinking the same as you.

GillB
4 Jul '18

Hi Harriet, I have told the lady on Nextdoor what you said, but she wonders if we could get a photo to her to rule it out. I’m not sure how to do this?
Chris, could you help us out please as I know you post on Nextdoor & she is desperate, thank you :blush:

RachaelDunlop
4 Jul '18

She can see the photo here without being a member of the forum.

GillB
4 Jul '18

Oh brilliant! So does she just type in SE23.life? Sorry if I seem a bit thick :slightly_frowning_face: ha ha!

RachaelDunlop
4 Jul '18

You could copy the link to this thread and past it into your reply to her on Nextdoor. Just copy whatever is in the address bar while you are in this thread.

anon5422159
4 Jul '18

I’ve popped a link to this topic on NextDoor

GillB
4 Jul '18

Chris has very kindly posted the photo. I think the cat in question may belong to someone else who has posted at the same time! I’m totally confused now, but hopefully he/she does belong to either of the ladies!

GillB
4 Jul '18

Yes I see, thank you! As I said below hopefully it’s worth it :sweat_smile:

GillB
4 Jul '18

Just to say Vicki the lady who originally posted on Nextdoor has confirmed the cat is hers! The other lady was just posting to help her, so alls well that ends well, phew :sweat_smile:

harrietrich
4 Jul '18

Oh that’s good news! Has he come far? Will he need to be picked up? I’m not on Nextdoor to get in touch with anyone unfortunately.

GillB
4 Jul '18

I’m so sorry Harriet, there were 2 people posting. Vicki whose cat is the Maine coon & Dagmara who is her neighbour trying to help. It has confused us all & as it turns out it isn’t Vulcan. As you say he is much bigger. I’ve suggested that in future just the owner or one person posts.

harrietrich
4 Jul '18

Right oh, no worries. Thanks for sorting it out