Archived on 6/5/2022

Sugar Mountain

anon5422159
1 Sep '17

Can’t believe we didn’t start this topic sooner, but here’s a big shout out for Sugar Mountain - Forest Hill’s sweet shop and de-facto community hub, run by @Pauline, at 57A Dartmouth Road.

12246721_837701889685697_157059758936960511_n

Not only does she serve a wide selection of sweets and ice cream, and organise and participate in practically every community activity in Forest Hill, but @Pauline also kindly verifies SE23.life profiles of local residents (137+ so far) to help build trust into this forum. To get verified, simply pop into her shop and let her know your username.

And try an extreme sour sweet:

What’s your favourite purchase at Sugar Mountain?

mfix
1 Sep '17

The ice cream is dreamy :heart:

Bolgerp
1 Sep '17

I do love a nice bon bon (strawberry being a particular favourite) from Sugar Mountain…

anon64893700
1 Sep '17

Peanut Brittle, although its my teeth which are brittle these days!

starman
1 Sep '17

We’re regulars for a quarter of bon bons. I like the toffees.

Pauline
1 Sep '17

Thanks so much everyone, you’ve only gone & brought a tear to my eye now - I really don’t do anymore than the next person, it’s just noticed more because I’m on the High Street :slight_smile:

Credit to @JohnRussell for the second pic in the OP.

Pauline
1 Sep '17

I feel so humbled by this post, thank you all.

Off to my kipper for opening the library bright and breezy tomorrow.

People like @Michael & our library volunteers deserve so much more recognition than me. :slight_smile:

InTheNightGarden
30 Jul '18

Is sugar mountain open today? Fb page says not…Thanks

anon5422159
30 Jul '18

I think Mondays are @Pauline’s day off.

starman
30 Jul '18

Sugar Mountain is normally closed on a Monday as @Pauline stays open over the weekend. Even super mom needs some me time.

InTheNightGarden
30 Jul '18

Oh that’s a shame. I’m not usually around on a Monday, so didn’t know that,but have some little people here, and would rather give her our custom.

starman
30 Jul '18

It’s worth a check though. I’m sure she once said she has longer hours during the school holidays as, frankly, its her best selling period.

Pauline
30 Jul '18

I’m open every day except Monday from 10am :slight_smile: