Sugar Mountain

dartmouth-rd

Can’t believe we didn’t start this topic sooner, but here’s a big shout out for Sugar Mountain - Forest Hill’s sweet shop and de-facto community hub, run by @Pauline, at 57A Dartmouth Road.

12246721_837701889685697_157059758936960511_n

Not only does she serve a wide selection of sweets and ice cream, and organise and participate in practically every community activity in Forest Hill, but @Pauline also kindly verifies SE23.life profiles of local residents (137+ so far) to help build trust into this forum. To get verified, simply pop into her shop and let her know your username.

And try an extreme sour sweet:

What’s your favourite purchase at Sugar Mountain?

The ice cream is dreamy :heart:

I do love a nice bon bon (strawberry being a particular favourite) from Sugar Mountain…

Peanut Brittle, although its my teeth which are brittle these days!

We’re regulars for a quarter of bon bons. I like the toffees.

Thanks so much everyone, you’ve only gone & brought a tear to my eye now - I really don’t do anymore than the next person, it’s just noticed more because I’m on the High Street :slight_smile:

Credit to @JohnRussell for the second pic in the OP.

I feel so humbled by this post, thank you all.

Off to my kipper for opening the library bright and breezy tomorrow.

People like @Michael & our library volunteers deserve so much more recognition than me. :slight_smile:

Is sugar mountain open today? Fb page says not…Thanks

Leaf and Groove closed today (28 July)

I think Mondays are @Pauline’s day off.

Sugar Mountain is normally closed on a Monday as @Pauline stays open over the weekend. Even super mom needs some me time.

Leaf and Groove closed today (28 July)

Oh that’s a shame. I’m not usually around on a Monday, so didn’t know that,but have some little people here, and would rather give her our custom.

It’s worth a check though. I’m sure she once said she has longer hours during the school holidays as, frankly, its her best selling period.

I’m open every day except Monday from 10am :slight_smile: