Archived on 6/5/2022

Summer reading

klairlouise
26 Jul '18

I just wondered…what are people reading this summer?
I have just finished reading “friend request” by Laura Marshall and am now finding it hard to find a book that lives up to it, as it was so amazing! (I fully recommend it to anyone who likes suspense/thriller with a lot of twists).
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

robin.orton
26 Jul '18

I am currently reading a classic travel book, ‘In Patagonia’ by Bruce Chatwin, which I am quite enjoying. I have just finished a very amusing novel by Luke Kennard, ‘The Transition’, a sort of dystopian thriller about millennials in the grip of the system. Recommended.

Matthew_Benney
27 Jul '18

Recently finished Dark Matter by Blake Crouch which was a good read :+1:

klairlouise
27 Jul '18

Thank you! I will check these out!

Pauline
29 Jul '18

Don’t forget to sign the kids up for “Summer Reading Challenge” at the library!

I have a bet with someone at Lewisham Library that we will sign up more than them, so get the kids along.and sign them up :slight_smile:
I get a free packet of crisps and a can of coke if I win LOL

I’ve recently got into a new author to me “Harlem Cohen” and am enjoying his books…

James Patterson is a favorite of mine as it’s easy reading, Lee Weeks too.

I’ll stop now as I’ll just go on and on :slight_smile:

Can also highly recommend The Life Assistance Agency by local author @TomAngel its a great read.

TomAngel
29 Jul '18

I love Bruce Chatwin - Songlines is one of my favourites. I’ll definitely check out friend request” by Laura Marshall

I’ve recently enjoyed reading Ill Wills by Dan Chaon .

I also like the Life Assistance Agency, loads of twists, but then I’m a little biased.

starman
29 Jul '18

I concur. Can’t wait for the sequel. Current issues now on sale at Bunka and through good book outlets.

Pauline
29 Jul '18

You can also borrow a copy from FH Library now :slight_smile:

Pauline
29 Jul '18

Nora Robers is always a good read who’s also JD Robb, easy to get into and the “Death By” series is great.

klairlouise
30 Jul '18

“The life assistance agency” looks to be my kind of read. Mostly 5 star reviews on amazon too- I’m definitely going to give it a try- thanks everyone!

divya_m
30 Jul '18

I was just looking for a recommendation for my next book and the “Life Assistance Agency” looks right up my alley. I finished “Stay With Me” by Ayobame Adebayo and loved that. I can also recommend “This is going to hurt a bit” by Adam Kay, a mostly laugh-out-loud funny but occasionally poignant account of his time as an NHS junior doctor.

Emak5
6 Aug '18

The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin is lovely. Also “The Hearts invisible Furies” by John Boyne is magnificent. My favourite book this year I think.

TomAngel
9 Sep '18

I hope you all enjoy the Life Assistance Agency! Thanks for the interest and support!

Bruceshire
10 Sep '18

Forest Hill Library has the only copy of The Life Assistance Agency in any of the Lewisham Libraries and also the whole London Libraries Consortium! And we’re proud of it!