Archived on 6/5/2022

Sun’s out, stupid’s out

anon30031319
18 Apr '18

I am sure I am not the only one who has noticed the return of stupid.
All it takes is a little sunshine, and people travelling by all means, suddenly become a little lackadaisical about their road sense.

For me, today, it is pedestrians mainly, from Forest Hill, to Beckenham, Catford to Bermondsey, the number of people just walking out has been alarming.

Catford is always ridiculous, with people crossing anywhere, (reflected in the accident maps) , but today was a stark reminder to keep your wits about you when near or interacting with the roads in any way.

Be careful out there people.

starman
18 Apr '18

Surely the glare from their exposed sun-starved legs is enough to give ample warning to drivers. Better than a hi-vis jacket.

anon30031319
18 Apr '18

lol, well there is that. But sadly some of those legs, rightly or wrongly, also cause a distraction. Not that that is an excuse for poor driving.

Tempted to pull some footage off the Go-Pro and count them up.

anon10646030
18 Apr '18

I blame it at the wrong angle off the sun shining in drivers faces which also caused train cancellations last year

anon30031319
18 Apr '18

I blame the sun, for everything!

Wynell
19 Apr '18

I have found that stupid is a year round feature, it appears if you just walk out into the road as long as you dont look in the direction of the vehicle you are safe!
Oh if you do walk out and feel you have caused some consternation then a short wave will suffice or you can swear at the driver and suggest he is a crazed maniac.