starman
25 Jan '17

Anyone else experiencing problems?

starman
25 Jan '17

Hmm. Water’s back

starman
25 Jan '17

Well there was a water outage on the Road. Thames attended and water service has resumed.

But in their wake there is a big piece of the road, mostly circular and a metre in diameter which appears to have collapsed 15 cm. Water is pouring out forming our own little bubbling stream.

Lovely.

anon5422159
25 Jan '17

Sounds dangerous (for scooters and motorbikes especially) - got a picture?

starman
25 Jan '17

It is. Cars were driving over it at speed creating quite the wave of water. You can see the hole to the top of this pic.

anon5422159
25 Jan '17

Thanks. Will share this on our social channels and mention @ThamesWater

AndyS
25 Jan '17

Indeed. The splash on the windscreen took me by surprise as I drive through it.

I take it the water was actually off? I missed that but had a lot of air-induced spluttering when I turned on the kitchen tap around 7.30pm. Water pressure still doesn’t seem back to normal.

starman
25 Jan '17

I gather Thames Water turned it off. Thet were doing something in the ground at the bottom of Sunderland by SC. They’re gone but there is hoarding up. Another van was hovering around the hole. I asked and the guys said they were on. When I came back after 9 nobody there and water still flowing from Forest Hill’s latest water feature.

There’s been a mini brook on the Eastern edge of Sunderland Rd for a few days now. When I came home yesterday I could ge6ar what sounded like a small waterfall coming from a drain.

Something is wrong. I’m expecting dragons.

starman
26 Jan '17

Better picture this morning. Flow seems to have increased from babbling brook to fast moving stream. Spoke to tradesman parked up who has seen this get worse all week from a tiny 10cm hole to what we see now.

ThamesxWater knows there is a problem. Have for dats apparently but dont seem to do much. Any thoughts?

Londondrz
26 Jan '17

Have you taken this to Twitter yet as that seems to motivate companies these days?

anon64893700
26 Jan '17

#Tweetaleak sent about half an hour ago.

Looks like it will take a bit of work to sort it, so probably getting their **** together.
1500 leaks “repaired” last week, they are rather busy.

starman
26 Jan '17

I’m not much of a Tweeter but I did this morning. Someone came back to me saying they’d alert a team but of course there has already been a team to have a look. The tradesman I chatted to, said that for this type of lead Thames Water had to go through a tough process before they could do anything. Perhaps as the road would need to be closed? Regardless, this seems an immediate hazzard so surprised they’re leaving it alone for now. Perhaps someone has attended there during the day.

I tweeted the Council too.

starman
26 Jan '17

Over 12 hours later. Tweets to Thames Water and Lewisham and nada been done. Getting worse.

Londondrz
27 Jan '17

I find they tend to wait till maximum damage has been done and then act.

LEON
27 Jan '17

try the Perry Vale ward Councillor - I have found him very responsive on this kind of issue

http://www.lewisham.org.uk/john/LBL/

anon64893700
27 Jan '17

SE23: Sunderland Road

Reference number: 30842871

Our Technician is due to investigate the reported leak on Sunderland Road and will shortly be attending to investigate. If a repair is needed we will get this planned in as quickly as possible.

anon64893700
27 Jan '17

Reported Leak

SE23: South Road

Reference number: 30846500

We are aware of the leak on South Road. We aim to resolve this as quickly as possible.

starman
27 Jan '17

Yeah. I phoned and got that this afternoon. So glad their quuckly on top of things.

:joy:

RachaelDunlop
28 Jan '17

Low / variable pressure this morning on Mayow Road. Thames Water report a leak a the mini roundabout at the Perry Vale end of Sunderland. Is that the same one?

AndyS
28 Jan '17

We’ve got a plunge pool at the South Circ end of Sunderland Road, which is the one @anon64893700 referred to. I’ve just tweet-messaged them that we’re now experiencing low mains pressure.

Emma22
28 Jan '17

I called up - they say there is a burst main in the area. I can see some activity near the leak on south road (where I am, without water), and the sound of rushing water under the flats there…

Londondrz
28 Jan '17

Can we not cap it and sell it as overpriced “Forest Hill Spring Water”?

Emma22
28 Jan '17

Update: its the south road leak that is cutting me off today, have spoken to the guy with the digger who has been sat there a couple of hours. He’s waiting for another set of guys (who I think may have just shown up). They need to dig down, but their guess is no sooner than 5-6pm

Emma22
28 Jan '17

In case anyone wants an update, a very large digger just arrived - presumably to help with this

AndyS
29 Jan '17

Just got this reply from Thames Water about the Sunderland Road plunge pool.

“I’ve confirmed with our tech team and we will be investigating later today. I’m unable to give a timeframe, due to high number of reported leaks recently, but we aim to look into this as quickly as possible.”

Bolgerp
30 Jan '17

Still no change/update on the Sunderland Road issue… this has been going on for 5 days now.

Bolgerp
30 Jan '17

Reported Leak

SE23: Sunderland Road

Reference number: 30846267

We’ve carried out our first investigation on the leak on Sunderland Road. We’re now working with the local council and highways, so we can carry out the repair as quickly and safely as possible with minimal impact to local properties and traffic

Thanks for checking if we’re aware of the leak.

AndyS
30 Jan '17

I thought I saw a blue line painted on the road beside the leak. That’s progress, isn’t it? :wink:

Bolgerp
30 Jan '17

I must have missed that… didn’t see it this morning… that being said, It was still dark when I left the house at 06.40.

anon64893700
30 Jan '17

WIP

Bolgerp
30 Jan '17

Ooohhh… exciting.

AndyS
30 Jan '17

Leak fixed, it would appear. Just have to fill the hole in, now…

Pauline
30 Jan '17

Fandabbydozy :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Timmo44
31 Jan '17

This could finally be the discovery of the mythical fountain of youth (as depicted on Big John Little John on the 80s kids TV) Can someone pop along and drink a bit to see if they revert back to a childlike state? Would certainly put Forest Hill on the map.

On a serious note, I believe Jim Dowd Labour MP for Lewisham has his office in Sunderland Road. Perhaps he can get it repaired.

starman
31 Jan '17

His office is practically next to the hole.

Londondrz
31 Jan '17

Maybe the hole is a result of his jaw dropping when the Millwall issue was dumped?

anon64893700
3 Feb '17

Interesting article hopefully answers some of the questions raised about why Thames Water don’t repair the leak nearest to you IMMEDIATELY !

https://www.thameswater.co.uk/help-and-advice/bursts-and-leaks/how-we-repair-leaks