Archived on 6/5/2022

Supper club to help home a refugee family

FowlMouths
9 May '17

Hi all

A few local chefs are teaming up to put on a supper club feast this Sunday, May 14 at Noak in Brockley.

We’re raising money for Abraham’s Tent, a fund by the South London Liberal Synagogue to transform a disused caretaker’s flat on their Streatham site into a lovely home for a Syrian refugee family. They need to raise £50,000 and I was so taken with the idea I’ve organised this event. I love how different communities can unite for the common good and I think that’s really important - particularly at the moment.

You’ll be greeted by a welcome cocktail followed by Samosa Chaat by the brilliant Masala Wala Cafe. Fowl Mouths are providing the mains - kofte, chicken in saffron sauce, hummous, tabbouleh, sumac halloumi for the vegetarians, flatbreads plus more - and then Sydenham-based chef and Michel Roux Jnr alumnus Jonny Rothfield is serving chocolate babka bread & butter pudding for dessert.

Tickets cost £39.90 and ALL profits are going to the charity (all chefs and most of the staff on the night are giving their time for free, while Noak has donated the space).

There are still tickets available and it’s going to be brilliant. Tickets are available here: https://grubclub.com/fowl-mouths/fowl-mouths-abrahams-tent-supper-club/15620