Archived on 6/5/2022

Supper Clubs at Archie Parker

Pauline
12 Sep '16

@TheArchieParker is having regular pop ups soon, not sure what times though.

Vietnamese weekly on Thursdays & Mexican fortnightly on Fridays I think :slight_smile:

TheArchieParker
12 Sep '16

Mamasitas Mexican starts on Tuesday the 20th and will be fortnightly. More info here

http://www.thearchieparker.com/2016/08/24/mamasitas-mexican-supper-club-pop-up/

Saigon Streat starts on Thursday the 22nd and will be every week. More info here

http://www.thearchieparker.com/2016/09/08/saigon-streat-vietnamese-pop-up/

Both evenings require booking via the pop up themselves.

Londondrz
12 Sep '16

@TheArchieParker Had a very nice Eggs Royale there this morning. I plan to be there for Thursday!!

Will this be available all day?

TheArchieParker
12 Sep '16

Hi,

Brunch is served every day between 9 & 2 (10 & 2 on sundays). Saigon Street is a supper club that starts at 6.30 on Thursdays and needs to be booked. If you follow the links in the above post you will find more information.

Londondrz
12 Sep '16

@TheArchieParker Cheers Guys, just popped in and picked up the brochure. Thanks for the help.

fran
12 Sep '16

Mmm vietnamese. I have to be honest, I’ve not been to Archie Parker since I walked in and someone had their feet on the table which just put me off to be honest. But everyone on here loves it that I’m convinced I should give it another go. maybe a pop up is the way to go.

starman
12 Sep '16

I sometimes find tables at Archie Parker on the small size. Okay for lunch or coffee bu not sure about dinner. Do you bring in more tables? How easy could you do table for 4.

Simon
12 Sep '16

Yes there will be other tables for the evening, so all the coffee tables will be replaced by your more traditional seating for hot food, and those can be booked for two or four or more - but that will be down to how Saigon Streat and co want to set it up.

topofthehill
12 Sep '16

Is there disabled access, toilet etc?

Simon
13 Sep '16

There is easy access from the street into the cafe but unfortunately the toilet facilities are all down a rather steep flight of stairs.

topofthehill
13 Sep '16

Thank you.

Saigon_Streat
15 Sep '16

Saigon Streat Vietnamese will be popping up at The Archie Parker every Thursday evening from 6.30 - 10pm.

Both Eat In and Take Away is available. Booking is recommended, though we do welcome Walk-ins also.

To make a reservation or to order take out (collection only) - please call 07714 707 986.

Hope to see you soon for delicious Vietnamese!!

Minh

Foresthillnick
29 Sep '16

Really enjoyed the pop up tonight with Saigon Street. Great food with a home cooked feel - felt like something you would eat in Vietnam (and I have been there!) and I must say excellent value for money. Three starters, two mains, three bottles of beer and two glasses of wine for under £50 - thoroughly recommended.

Saigon_Streat
3 Oct '16

Hi Nick!

Thank you so much for coming and also for taking the time to review us on here. We appreciate your kind comments; We work so hard on our offering and we are really happy that you enjoyed our food!!! :slight_smile:

Minh
07714 707986
www.saigonstreat.com

Saigon_Streat
6 Oct '16

Hi Fran! It certainly is the way to go! :slight_smile:

We do great home cooked Vietnamese food and I hope the positive experience will encourage you to not only come back to our Vietnamese Pop Up Thursday Nights, but to also give the cafe another go during the daytime! Everyone loves them!!

Thank you!!

Minh
Reservations / Order Takeaway: 07714 707 986

Saigon_Streat
6 Oct '16

Hi

We bring in new tables and rearrange the original table plan, so we can easily do a table for 4.

The last couple of weeks we even had some large groups come through, 7’s and 8’s, and received great positive feedback from them. For a large booking, we highly recommend booking in advance.

We hope to see you soon. Thanks

Brgds
Minh

weepy
20 Oct '16

Had a lovely meal @Saigon_Streat @TheArchieParker last week. All very cosy. @TheArchieParker – please do something about your ceiling — it’s like an old office from the 90s!! Let’s down all the very nice setup you have in there. J

TheArchieParker
20 Oct '16

We’d love to but not a lot we can do with it st the moment. We’ve learnt to love it.

weepy
20 Oct '16

Not allowed to?

TheArchieParker
20 Oct '16

It would involve a lot of work for something that you only see if you look up.

DickWynne
20 Oct '16

It is possible to suspend a stretchy plastic membrane wall-to-wall to hide an unsightly ceiling—provided you don’t have ceiling-mounted lights. The Griffonier restaurant in Paris, a haunt of mine when I worked there 15 years ago, had one and it looked fine. One day the owners arrived to find the membrane full of water and bulging down to the floor. Someone in the flat upstairs had gone out and left the bath running.

Londondrz
21 Oct '16

Cant say I noticed the ceiling myself.

anon10646030
21 Oct '16

Well I think we should not focus on the ceiling rather talk about the supper club and local businesses making an effort to bring more diversity in there offerings

Pauline
21 Oct '16

Caz, it’s the same night as the food assembly and they do take away too :slight_smile:

weepy
23 Oct '16

It would be transformative.

Saigon_Streat
24 Oct '16

Thank you Jonah, we are really happy you enjoyed our Vietnamese food!
Hope to see you again soon.
Minh

Saigon_Streat
24 Oct '16

Hi Caz! Thank you for your kind words and your support in general!

Hope you have not moved too far away and will come and visit soon :smiley:
Minh

Saigon_Streat
24 Nov '16

It’s our FINAL night @TheArchieParker tonight!

We have LOVED popping up in Forest Hill and we thank you so much for your support! We have felt very welcome and really appreciate this!

Come join us tonight for more of our Vietnamese home cooking.
To Book or Takeaway please call 07714 707986.

Hope to see you soon. Thanks

Minh & Family

Londondrz
24 Nov '16

Aaaagh! I havnt had a chance to come along and cant tonight. Will you be back? Please say yes :grinning:

Foresthillnick
24 Nov '16

Oh noes! Are you still doing the other popups??

Saigon_Streat
24 Nov '16

Hi! Thank you for your message. We can not confirm if we will be back - However, I can say that we love the space, the owners (Zoe and Simon), the people and the local area! So all very positive!

We do take away if it is the case you can’t leave the house, otherwise, hope to see you in the New Year!

Saigon_Streat
24 Nov '16

Hi Nick

We will be doing all our other pop ups for one more week then breaking up for Winter break (returning Mid January 2017). The closest alternative would be our pop up in Crofton Park (Arlo & Moe) which will run this Friday and next Friday.

Thank you again for your support and also coming by to eat when we first popped up in Forest Hill! I hope we see each other again soon.

Minh