Archived on 6/5/2022

Suspicious man checking doorlock at night

Avaismos
18 Sep '18

About 8:30 pm last night, in Kemble Road, a man came to our door and examined/played with our doorlock. Our lights were on and we were inside so he was quite quick. Still, I found it quite suspicious as we have scaffolding and lots of materials so it could be that he was checking if it was easy to break in. I’m not sure if it’s worth reporting it further but wanted to share as he definitely went out of his way to do this.

My video doorbell picked up the behaviour but it’s hard to see much being dark and how quick he was. He looks in his early 20s, has very short hair, has a backpack and a notebook in his hand.

Here’s the video: https://se23.life/uploads/default/original/2X/2/23b9ad98f98cad056c788d5ad081a9a64d587a23.MP4

And a screenshot:

Pea
18 Sep '18

I would definitely report. Better safe than sorry.

JA
18 Sep '18

Definitely one for the police

Haley_Kozlowski_Gree
18 Sep '18

I’m on Kemble also, Someone knocked on our door fundraising for a charity. It was around that time. I thought it was a bit late for a cold call, I can’t say what he looked like because my husband answered the door.

Nadia
18 Sep '18

I had someone knocking for fundraising too, Cranston road. Similar description and this photo looks like the right build. He was very insistent, kept knocking for a few minutes as I was trying to put my daughter to bed.

LEON
18 Sep '18

looking at the video he didn’t appear to be wearing gloves - see if the Police can do a finger print analysis. I doubt it as no crime has been committed.

He also had striking trainers with a reflective part on the top of them