Archived on 6/5/2022

Talk Talk loss of service - Forest Hill exchange

ChrisR
11 Nov '18

Talk Talk have had a total outage in the area since 22.50 last night which is affecting phone, broadband & TV servces. This is apparently due to flooding in the Forest Hill exchange! Engineers onsite.

Chiccaroline
11 Nov '18

Thanks for update, wondered what had happened to the service.

ChrisR
11 Nov '18

Latest update is that there’s an issue with part of the Virgin Media equipment at the exchange which somehow is also negatively affecting Talk Talk. Still no estimate on how long before it’s all fixed! Talk Talk will divert calls from your landline to a mobile for free during the outage. You can request through the Talk Talk app and then select My service status.

epigeek
11 Nov '18

Internet is back online, but phone and Boost digital channels are out of action for me. No indication of timelines from TT.

ChrisR
11 Nov '18

Thanks for update. Like you I’ve now got internet but phone is still out.

Suze
11 Nov '18

Ah. it’s Post Office broadband too… Our internet came back about 3.30, but still no phone line… I assumed it was the exchange but PO didn’t seem to know anything

Carol_Morrison
11 Nov '18

According to Talk Talks service status the issue was fixed just before midday and all lines back up. Spoke to an engineer online at 2pm & he admitted they knew that wasn’t the case but still reporting all fixed. Contacted again at 7pm & told line would just come back sometime. Still down, not very informative.

ChrisR
11 Nov '18

I agree. I’ve queried twice why they’re showing the issue is fixed on the service status dashboard when it clearly isn’t but never get an answer! Luckily I’ve got unlimited calls on my mobile!

rbmartin
12 Nov '18

Post Office Broadband is resold TalkTalk.

Suze
15 Nov '18

our broadband and phone are down again as of this evening. Is this a wider TalkTalk issue? Ours is delivered by Post Office broadband so they have no clue what’s going on…

JumpingCaribou
15 Nov '18

Mine is down as well. I’m TalkTalk, not PO. It’s getting tiresome.

ChrisR
15 Nov '18

I went down about 4.45pm. I’ve already reported to Talk Talk and waiting for them to call back once they have a response from Open Reach.

Suze
15 Nov '18

Post Office helpfully said ‘there is an outage’ they cannot give an estimate of how long it will last or when BT will have repaired it. And very annoyingly as PO is just resold TalkTalk they seem to have even less info than TalkTalk…

Carol_Morrison
15 Nov '18

I’ve just spoken to Talk Talks who said its the same outage problem as Sunday. When I pointed out the previous issue was meant to be caused by flooding he didn’t have an answer.

MsForetHugel
15 Nov '18

This is a pain. Means I can’t stream baby music for bedtime, can’t video call my parents and am missing out on a fast finger online market night :stuck_out_tongue:. Also hate how this higlights my dependency on Wi-Fi.

LemonPeony
15 Nov '18

Spoke with TT and not helpful at all, as of 18.30 was told openreach engineer has left to go home. No one will be doing anything until am

LemonPeony
15 Nov '18

Tried openreach and the chat representative stated nothing was on his system about said fault. He added that TT did not have to let them know. But that just confuses the issue more as exchange damage would affect all providers!

Suze
16 Nov '18

Ours is back working again this morning. For the moment…

ChrisR
16 Nov '18

I’m back this morning too. And TT have just announced on Twitter that the issue has been resolved. Fingers crossed they mean it this time!