Archived on 6/5/2022

The Hygiene Bank drop off - Smallprint Books

Smallprintbooks
3 Nov '18

Smallprint bookshop is now a drop off point for The Hygiene Bank so next time you are nipping to Sainsburys or coming to the shop please think about bringing some unused and unopened toiletries to donate. Anything is useful from a toothbrush to a fancy shower gel that could be a Christmas gift.

The Hygiene Bank provides toiletries, beauty and grooming bits to charity partners who then distribute amongst food banks, hostels, shelters and refuges. Whilst it is a national charity I believe the local donations stay within the community and are distributed locally.

They are also running a campaign called #itsinthebag where you are invited to make a small gift bag for a man, woman or child and fill it with toiletries plus a luxury treat or two and a Christmas card. I have some small paper bags in the shop that people could use or any bag you are not using that is in a giftable condition. It’s simple!

Thanks for reading!

Alice
3 Nov '18

This is a great initiative co-ordinated by a local who isn’t a member on here - I just wanted to add on her behalf that there are two other drop off points in Forest Hill, at The Archie Parker and also Forest Hill Pools. All donations go directly to those in need and any spare used and unopened toiletries that are sitting in cupboards or that you can add to your shop will be greatly appreciated!