Archived on 6/5/2022

The Jolly Bee is back from 1 Nov

ThorNogson
30 Oct '20

Opposite the station, message on Facebook as follows.

Hello to everyone from JOLLY BEE FISH&CHIPS OPPOSITE THE FOREST HILL TRAIN STATION we are OPENING ON THE 1st of November from 12pm till 10pm 7days a week.
We have a half price offer starting on the 1st of November till 5th of November EVERYTHING YOU BUY IS HALF PRICE
If you like to order anything by calling us please call this number 07454739687
WE will PREPARE your food nice and FRESHLY hope to see everyone soon
PLEASE LET EVERYONE KNOW

Forestbird
30 Oct '20

Why were they closed?

oakr
30 Oct '20

I’ve never been there as they are a bit out of my way, but good to see local businesses opening up.

If anyone knows them or speaks to them, they might want to tweak that offer as I assume it applies to food only, not drinks (which I assume they sell) and some other things.

ThorNogson
30 Oct '20

Yes thats it. Don’t know why they closed. Generally have popped in there when arriving late back from London. Always fun guys. and pretty good fish and chips, deserve our support in my view.

ThorNogson
30 Oct '20

I don’t think they do alcohol. . Jolly Bee is a straightforward chippy inc fried chicken.

oakr
30 Oct '20

If I’m honest, being HOP side I’ve never thought of going there but might give them a go next time we have fish and chips. We used to go to the one that is now Dominos on HOP High Street, and then Brockley’s Rock but this is probably actually closer.

oakr
30 Oct '20

Sure but I expect they still sell cans of soft drinks etc which they don’t want to do at half price? Or maybe they do! Anyway, I’ll stop now and wish them luck!