The on-going saga of The Capitol being sold by Wetherspoons

london-rd

I’ve changed the subject of the thread to help reduce the immediacy of this thread that started in May last year.

Totally want a trampoline park. This would get my vote.

Inspiration?

YES!! @Contacthannah I posted that the other week (see above), my sentiments exactly. Mulit-purpose space with a cinema would be a dream for me. Beautiful building, don’t want to see it pulled down or not accessible to public. Also agree with other comments that it needs to be welcoming for all.

Any more news On what’s happening to this building? Thanks

Meanwhile the freeholders have sold the freehold to Romulus - the property owners and developers who converted the cinema into a Wetherspoons originally. It is no longer on the list of buildings for disposal by Wetherspoons, does that mean it’s staying?http://www.romulusconstruction.com/portfolios/forest-hill/

when did they sell it to Romulus ?

Interesting. From the description on the Romulus site it would appear they have retained ownership since its days as a cinema.

Formerly a 1,500 seat cinema located on the South Circular, this property was refurbished by Romulus initially as a Bingo Hall and subsequently to its current use as a restaurant and bar.

January '16 according to the Land Registry.

I think it’s misleading, romulus are also a design and build outfit, so I think they Refurbished it on behalf of the previous freeholders in conjunction with the tenants. I can’t find any link between the two owners otherwise, so I think they just sold because they had the chance to do so amidst the publicity.