The Original Jerk Cookout - Horniman Museum and Gardens

ForestHull
27 Jul '21
Nivag
27 Jul '21

I remember when this event was free.

ThorNogson
27 Jul '21

Me too. But I’m looking forward to the return to Horniman next weekend.

I think the first two events were brilliant, just the right numbers of people and a very low key and happy local vibe. But success was its undoing. Word had spread and in the third year , 2009, it got completely out of hand, some 20,000 people arrived many by car, local roads gridlocked.

That was the end of it at Horniman, next year they went to Brockwell Park.

Michael
27 Jul '21

It isn’t cheap. £13 per person for the right to go to the park and buy some food. The music I’ll hear from my house if I open the window.

Nivag
27 Jul '21

Yeah the last one was mental. I’m guessing that’s why it’s ticketed.

applespider
27 Jul '21

The last one was nuts - there was double parking all along the surrounding streets blocking driveways and in some cases the traffic islands. Glad it’s ticketed this time but equally glad that I’m not going to be around! :rofl:

marymck
27 Jul '21

Pretty ghastly experience heading for Crystal Palace and environs too. Didn’t Wireless get kicked out of Finsbury Park because of the problems they caused there?

applespider
27 Jul '21

There’s another one on Peckham Rye Park this weekend. The GALA festival - traffic is going to be messy this weekend

ThorNogson
29 Jul '21

It’s sold out. Wonder how many tickets there were.

HannahM
29 Jul '21

People won’t drive to Gala.

Nivag
30 Jul '21

Lol really

HannahM
30 Jul '21

Well it is a day time music festival, there is no parking available and there is decent public transport nearby. I suppose the question is more why on earth would you drive to something like Gala?

system
28 Sep '21

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.