Topps Tiles to close / new gym to open

Walking past today, Topps Tiles on the Stanstead Sunderland Chicane had notices that they were closing down. Sad to see this useful shop leaving the area.

On the flip side, they’ve also written everything must go so if you’re planning some home renovations, there is an opportunity to get some good deals.

5 Likes

There’s another branch down at Bell Green, in the Trade City part, past B&Q. Easier for parking.

3 Likes

No kidding. The only way out of their off street parking is reversing onto the Circular after a blind corner. Always entertaining.

I wonder who will pick up the space?

3 Likes

I’m holding out for Waitrose.

9 Likes

Haha or marks n sparks

2 Likes

Time for a new “what does Forest Hill want?” poll?

4 Likes

How about a family Mexican restaurant?

9 Likes

+1 for the Mexican!

I heard that Fortnum and Mason were considering it for a South London site.

10 Likes

Not easier if you don’t have a car to park though!

1 Like

Officially closed, but it’s being gutted. Anyone know if it’s being turned into something?

It would be a good spot for a gym I reckon.

Lots of work going on here. All being replastered. Any ideas? I agree - a gym would be ideal.

1 Like

A gymn not so good on the road pollution front though!. But be good to have some life in the building again.

It’s still on Hindwood’s website and doesn’t say “under offer” or similar. But they may not have updated the site.

I walked past it yesterday. There’s definitely work going on. And only one of the Hindwood signs are up. The others were lying on the floor. They could just be doing some work to get it ready for sale/lease, though. But that’s only a guess. Suppose we’ll find out soon enough.

1 Like

For the gym fans here*, I think I saw signs that a new gym is going into the old Somerfield supermarket site in Sydenham.

*Definitely does not include me :wink:

1 Like

Apparently it’s going to be this place XCELERATE GYM Forest Hill - Health, Fitness and Wellbeing

2 Likes

Aha, nicely spotted, @ET6123.