Archived on 6/5/2022

Travel disruption topic?

anon30031319
24 May '18

Just wondered if it is worth having a travel disruption thread on the go, permanently there, and can be added to with any significant reports of disruption which may affect the regular commuters on here, or other such travelling users.

Rather than the flaky report I made yesterday. Copy and paste tweets, or simply add your own findings to update others?

Thoughts?

anon5422159
24 May '18

I find the date/time feature quite useful - it helps us see immediately which conversation is current and which is old. Example:

We can only set one date/time per topic, so I’d lean toward having one topic per incident. Old incident topics can be closed and/or deleted, making them easy to manage.

A single mega-topic for all disruption could quickly get confusing as we might find we get overlapping threads of conversation in a single topic if we have more than one ongoing incident.

anon30031319
24 May '18

Fair enough

anon5422159
24 May '18

The other major consideration is that visitors enter topics at post #1 if they haven’t read the topic before.

So if we had a mega-topic for incidents, they’d be scrolling through all prior incidents before reaching the current one

anon30031319
24 May '18

Gotcha, oh well. Forget that then. Feel free to delete.

anon5422159
24 May '18

Not at all - it’s a perfectly reasonable suggestion and good to continuously rethink the forum, especially given we have new features to play with on a regular basis

DevonishForester
24 May '18

Can the order of posts be reversed i.e. last post displayed top? This might work for rolling reports of travel problems.

anon5422159
24 May '18

As far as I can see, this isn’t possible with Discourse-based forums.